Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I want to hear from everyone! >

I want to hear from everyone!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Mathews DXT
34.41%
Hoyt Katera
25.81%
other (list the bow and why)
39.78%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

I want to hear from everyone!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I want to hear from everyone!

I sold my bow this year and im forcing myself to buy a new one... I would like everyones input I have shot many bows and am between 2 now. I have shot both and many others and these are the best in my oppinon. Now I need a tie breaker. What I would like is for everyone to vote then state your reasons.

Thank you

SETH
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I want to hear from everyone!

The Hoyt for Over all quality and dependability, Go back and read about all the exploding bows this past year.

Of course if you have four or five back up bows you could by a .....................
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love Mathews... just my personal choice... That DXT is a great little bow!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

love my mathews

Old 02-19-2008, 08:23 AM

I don't know what type of hunting you do, but the DXT is just too short to me. I prefer a little longer ATA for forgiveness. So in that regards, I would probably say the Katera, but I haven't shot it yet. Have shot the regular Drenalin, and I liked that.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:25 AM

Shoot the bow that feels the best when you shoot it. Not the one that you think you want because that particular bow got more votes. Each bow has "selling points" but other people's opinions shouldn't be a major part of the final decision. That's my opinion.

Good luck,

txmm
Old 02-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Typical Buck

Hoytsare very well made bows.Hoyts will last through any hunting extremes you can put them through.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:47 AM

I have zero knowledge of the DXT, but I can say this....I haven't seen a single Mathews come into our shop and shoot it's advertised speed. Hoyts are the other hand, generally shoot a foot or 2 FASTER than advertised. Generally.

This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth. Mathews makes a good bow, there is simply no question about that. But they aren't what they're advertised to be. EVERYBODY on TV shoots one, and by golly, if they were to give me one, I would shoot it too. They are a good bow, but not a great bow. I don't just say that because I'm a Hoyt shooter, the chrono doesn't lie. I have seen many a disappointed mathews shooter after shooting through the graph. No, speed certainly isn't everything, there are many other considerations. Shoot them both and decide for yourself. The DXT may very well be all it's advertised to be, I honestly don't know. One thing I can say about mathews, they are quiet and vibration free. I've shot the switchback, it's fun to shoot. Anyway, take this all for what it's worth, you're the one that really has to decide, and the only way to do that is to shoot them side by side.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM

I like both the bows you mentioned, but there are several nice ones that haven't really hit the market yet, so that is why I am waiting. elite has several nice bows coming, martin has the fire cat x (which has a low price for a 345 fps bow) parker has three new bows. Depending on how they shoot, it's prob going to be the gto or firecat x for me this year. if i had to choose between the two you mentioned... the hoyt feels better to me, but the mathews is lighter, almost a pound lighter, shorter. the only bad thing about the katera is it's the vulcan with slightly different cams on it. you can get good deals on brand new left over vulcans right now on ebay. i seen one last night go for $485 new. good luck on your purchase.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM

I hope you can't get Vulcans on Ebay.....I'll have to look into that one....Dealers are NOT ALLOWED to sell Hoyt via internet or mail order. Unless they are private individuals just selling their bow, but even then it voids the warranty.

Quick Reply: I want to hear from everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.