Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton FMJ's

Old 02-18-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton FMJ's

I have used them for almost two years now, they are a excellent arrow. They seem to be more durable than the regualarAXIS. I can't say how they compare to thenew AXISwith the N-Fused Carbon. I do thinkregarding durability they are equal to mostpure carbon arrows on the market today. I tested themout on someRock Chucks last year, and had anotherbow along set up with Gold Tips for comparison. IMO the FMJ's were a bit more durable than the GT's, but all arrowswill take a beating when it comes to solidrock.As far as accuracy they are very very accurate, more so then the bestall carbon arrow.I'll also secondthey penentrate very deep no matter what your shooting into. This is good for hunting but bad for targets, I have yet to find a target that can take a pounding the FMJ's can dish out.They do pull very nicely out of 3-D's and as already mentioned they are heavy, which IMO is good. For elk and other big game I prefer a heaver arrow over a light one. My Drenalin set at 70 pounds at 30" DL spits them out at 275 f/s. My 29" 340 FMJ arrows weight a total weight of 505 grains. Not to shabby IMO. I will say they are not for everyone, if you have a short draw lenght and are looking to get pure speed with a very light arrow, then the FMJ is not for you. But for anyone else not wanting super light arrow they are at the top. Bottom line FMJ's are a top of the line arrow thats hard to beat, their accuracy is second to none. Expensive yes, but so are other pure carbon top of the line arrows.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

I will probably try them for hunting when my short supply of A/C Superslims are used up since they no longer make the Slims.......big mistake in my opinion. The Slims are the best arrows I ever hunted with. Think I am going with ACC's for 3D this year.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 AM

i think im going to have to invest in some
Old 02-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the replys. I think im gonna try them for next year
Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just shot the 2 I had made up. A liitle noisie on the draw but not to bad, quieter than a maxima by a long shot. Not to bad so far. Worth a look. I bought 6 for 50 bucks.