HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ever find one of these (shed, sorta) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/232673-ever-find-one-these-shed-sorta.html)

buckeye 02-15-2008 02:59 PM

ever find one of these (shed, sorta)

Have you ever found one of these while shed hunting? This is my second in the past two years.... The other one, it's break is very similar as well.....

What I am holding appears to be a "G2" tine but it isn't... It is a kicker that came off the G2.... The antler snapped off right were the kicker split off the G2, just like a "wish bone".

I had this guy in rangeone evening duringthe first couple days of November, he was already broke off then.... Cool that I found it though.... [8D]

Here is the one from last year....

npockat32 02-15-2008 03:01 PM

RE: ever find one of these (shed, sorta)

yeah cool find....he will be nice in a couple of years.

Jim_IV 02-15-2008 03:20 PM

I always seem to find the sheds that the rats and squirrels found first

Thats a prettycool shed though

MeanV2 02-15-2008 03:22 PM

Neat find Scott!!

I'll tell you what is really Kewl, finding Elk sheds in New Mexico. Now you can see them things!;)

Dan

dukemichaels 02-15-2008 04:22 PM

That's cool Buckeye.

I see a few bucks every year who've just got the crap kicked out of them by other bucks.. you know.. broken tines.. main beams etc.

I always wanted to find some of those broken pieces.. but never have yet. It would be neat to stumble on an 8" tine just laying all alone in the woods where a battle took place months before.

jmbuckhunter 02-15-2008 04:30 PM

Never found a broken off one. But I have found plenty that had been gnawed on and look like that one.

buckeye 02-15-2008 04:39 PM

I just went and tooka pic of last years and edited my post to include it as well...

bloodcrick 02-15-2008 04:44 PM

WOW, actually i have wondered if any one had ever found one snapped off like that, thats a cool find/finds defenantly a conversation peice ;)cool finds Scott, thanks for posting.
as for your question, no i have never found anything like that.

Hunter Dan7 02-15-2008 04:48 PM

thats pretty cool

recurver167 02-15-2008 04:56 PM

Cool.Just one about the same size even.Also found one knawed off by critters,it was a lil one.

MOhunter46 02-15-2008 05:08 PM

Thats pretty neat!

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-15-2008 05:54 PM

Hey, you found my bucks other side!;)[8D] Can I have that back?

buckeye 02-15-2008 05:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Hey, you found my bucks other side!;)[8D] Can I have that back?
A little bit of super glue and duct tape and you will be good to go! :D

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-15-2008 06:04 PM

nah, shoot, it's not from my buck, it's the wrong side.[&:]

MeanV2 02-15-2008 06:06 PM

Keep looking Scott!! You might find the rest of it;)

Dan

buckeye 02-15-2008 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
I am dying over here waiting for the melt off! They say mid 40's on Sunday... We'll see! :D

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-15-2008 06:12 PM

It's suppose to rain here all day Sunday and into the 40's and warm Monday, might get rid of all this white stuff!.

MeanV2 02-15-2008 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

It's suppose to rain here all day Sunday and into the 40's and warm Monday, might get rid of all this white stuff!.
Same here, Rain Sunday

Dan

CCPaHunter 02-15-2008 06:30 PM

I've never gone shed hunting and wouldn't even know where to start looking in my hunting area. It does sound like a fun way to spend the day with the kids. I do have an uncanny knack for finding antlers that are still attached to unrecovered deer though.[:@]

bloodcrick 02-15-2008 06:34 PM

Yeah me to, i wanted to go today but it is nothing but ice and snow, i backed out, ill wait till the thaw.

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
I am dying over here waiting for the melt off! They say mid 40's on Sunday... We'll see! :D

Sliverflicker 02-15-2008 08:47 PM

I have one that I found that had been broken off.

sluedtke 02-17-2008 01:29 PM

I found a nice 10 point last lear that had been broken off also, we were actually able to verify the deer the next year by and unmistakable flaw in his main beam. What was cool was his G4 actually disapeered the next year and grew a split tine right next to his g3. maybe u dont get it but it was pretty cool

Dubbya 02-17-2008 03:33 PM

Good find buckeye... you didn't happen to catch any pics of him on your trailcam before he was broke off did you?

OKbowhunter20 02-17-2008 03:50 PM

I've found some broken off tines before and but nothing with more than one point that wasn't shed

buckeye 02-17-2008 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Dubbya

Good find buckeye... you didn't happen to catch any pics of him on your trailcam before he was broke off did you?

I don't run a trail cam on this property. I try my best to not intrude into thisfarm at allunless conditions are good for a hunt or to winter shed hunt.....

I really don't use my cams much.. I used it more last year than the 3 previous years combined.
[/align]

BrentH243 02-18-2008 08:55 AM

Maybe its the same buck 2 years in a row? Maybe his main beam is weak on that side...or he's just letting you know he's there and you can get him next year?

Haha, any shed/antler is a cool find if you ask me!

Buck Magnet 02-18-2008 11:06 AM

Neat find Scott. I have founda fewbroken antlers, one was the part of a 18" wide 8 point that my neighbors son shot later that year. I gave that antler to the son to keep, but here are the two othersthat I have found. The interesting thing is that these were found in back to back years on the same hill overlooking a swamp. They were probablly found less than 20 yards apart! The picture quality isn't too great, I took the picture with my cell phone.

-DeerSlayer- 02-18-2008 11:27 AM

I found one like that this year, I am waiting to post pictures of my sheds until I am done hunting, which will be in about two weeks when I go back to take my last round of the farm.

125py 02-18-2008 11:45 AM

we have found a few like that

Barth 02-18-2008 12:15 PM

dude that must be the one i shot off can i have it back

buckeye 02-18-2008 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: BrentH243

Maybe its the same buck 2 years in a row? Maybe his main beam is weak on that side...or he's just letting you know he's there and you can get him next year?

These breaks were found close to 100 miles apart :D

Buck Magnet 02-18-2008 02:19 PM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: BrentH243

[/blockquote]

These breaks were found close to 100 miles apart :D
Hey, you never know, they could be the same buck. Come on now, we all know how bucks travel all over the place during the rut