Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree saddle

Old 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Spike

Default Tree saddle

Hey guys. This past bow season was insane for me. I had more shooting opportunities than ever. I have only been bowhunting 3 1/2 years. This year I missed 4 deer. I am joining a club and will be working on my shooting ALOT in the off season. I also want to scout more and make this the year I shoot a nice buck. I have shot 4 deer soo far 2 does and 2 4pts. I bought some books and videos and really getting into them. In one the videos the guys use tree saddles. I was wondering how many guys use them. Also, we are not allowed to use screw in steps on state land. Does anyone set up their tree saddle without screw in steps??? any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tree saddle

I don't use one.. but if you are looking for a little info. on using them when hunting these two brothers don't hunt unless they have one on.

John and Chris Eberhart. They have a few books which I always highly reccomend and are proficient with the tree saddle and it's usage.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
Spike

I was watching a video they made called Hunting High Pressured Whitetails. That is what got me asking.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

Check the gear review forum. I posted a question about them a little while back and got really good feedback from a lot of guys. As far as screw in steps--you don't need them. Buy a good set of light climbing sticks and a few of the strap on tree steps.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

do a search--the same question and subject has been gone over about a 1000 times.
Old 02-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Spike

I can never search anything.....everytime i try to do a search it comes up with an error. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rden

I can never search anything.....everytime i try to do a search it comes up with an error. Anyone else experience this?
Yes it happens to me everytime i try to search. I dont know why people have to tell everyone to do a search, either answer the post with a relevant answer or dont answer at all.

I use the tree saddle, i love it. I sent you a pm with a link to a post i made in november of 07. There is some great info in one of the posts.

i highly recommend it.
Old 02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Amen to that..
Old 02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Spike

got the PM thanks for the info.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rden

got the PM thanks for the info.
Not a problem ...... you could have found it if you did a search (joke)

Quick Reply: Tree saddle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.