Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need help!!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default need help!!!!

Thinkin of buying a new bowtech this yearjust dont know which one to buy. any suggestions would help. i currently shoot a mathews switchback #60 29' dl which may be a little to long. this brings up my other problem, i need to sell my mathews in order to get a new one. so what do u guys think i should do as far as which bow to consider. and anyone that lives around Frederick,MD know of a good archery shop i can go to and shoot some of the new bowtechs. i am willing to drive a ways to get there. thanks forany info.

jeremy
Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need help!!!!

How close is Frederick to Baltimore? I'd suggest you go see Len Marsh at Macrotech Archery in Baltimore.
As for which model? Oh geez.........

Depends what you are hoping to do with it or what you want it to do.........you want super quiet recoil free and decent speed? You want a shorter ATA length or longer? You want it to be a dual purpose hunting 3D bow? etc etc?

All the models are so different that unless we have an idea what you want to do with it it's kinda tough to say anything other than ALL OF EM'

(I was wondering when you were gonna start asking questions. LOL Although brief it was good meeting you at the show.)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeremy,

Well you saw my 82nd spit them arrows out at the Harrisburg show, they were rockin the targets. [8D] Fantastic bow, I was hearing the crowd comment on it's shear speed as well as being the quietest bow on the line. I found that amazing when I heard them saying it.

The Airbornes are amazing but even more so, the General is the quietest most vibration free bow I've ever shot and that's saying something because I was in awe last spring when I shot Matt's Guardian, of course I had to have one of those as well.

Trying to decide on which model Bowtech to buy is quite the feat because of the 4 I've listed above, the 2 Airborne models, the General, Guardian and lets not forget the Allegiance, you won't be sorry with any of those 5.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

First off matt it was great to meet and watch u shoot on sat. as far as what i want to do with it primarily huntin. but i would like to try some 3d shoots this year. im lookin for somethin with a little more speed, my current setup chronos at around 260-265. ATA not nothin real long maybe around 32-34 ATA. very little hand shock and really quiet. Baltimore is about 45min to 1hr. is there anything in PA u would suggest. I can be in PA in about 1/2 on route 15. i really liked the looks of robs bow he had on sat. that was the 82nd wasnt it.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

i really liked that bow u hadRob. but i also like the allegiance to.do they even make it anymore?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Robhave u shot the 101st also. orhave u just shot the 82nd? if so is there much difference between the 2?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 22 series

Robhave u shot the 101st also. orhave u just shot the 82nd? if so is there much difference between the 2?
The 82nd and the 101stfelt and shotthe exact same to me. I think i am getting the 101st for the little extra BH. You can't go wrong with either one IMO
Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

ORIGINAL: 22 series

The 82nd and the 101stfelt and shotthe exact same to me. I think i am getting the 101st for the little extra BH. You can't go wrong with either one IMO
Old 02-15-2008, 06:23 PM

The 82nd and the 101st shot pretty well the same but i thought the 101st had a little harsher draw but not bad at all. sorry to answer the question you asked Rob but i thought id give you my opinion also. Both great bows but im buying the 82nd.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info dan. im just worried i wont like the draw cycle on the bowtech, since im used to the smooth draw cycle of my switchback. also considering the marquise for the same reason.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.