HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Passing of a Mentor (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/232434-passing-mentor.html)

Kanga 02-14-2008 08:26 AM

Passing of a Mentor

I got word over the weekend that my Stepfather had passed away.

Unfortunately I could not make it back home forthe funeral but did get to see him when I was in Australia at Christmas time.

He was a small man in stature but a big man at heart, he loved nothing more than to hunt and fish.

Kevin took on a widow and her 4 children and loved them as they where his own just as he loved their off spring as his own grand children.

Kevin never had a bad word for anyone and was always there if any of us kids needed someone to talk too.

Kevin also taught me a lot of valuablelife lessons and was a better father to me than my own father ever was.

I just know he is sitting on a river bank with his best mate who passed a few years ago now having a cold one and wetting a line hoping to catch the big one.

Rest in Peace Kev you will be sadly missed.

mobow 02-14-2008 08:31 AM

RE: Passing of a Mentor

Sounds like a top shelf man, and you've obviously learned a lot from him. I'm very sorry for your loss....

GR8atta2d 02-14-2008 08:37 AM

Sorry to hear of this..He must have taught you well, because you've always been a gentlemen as well.

PA Hardwoods 02-14-2008 08:43 AM

Russ im so sorry to hear that buddy. Tana and I both send our prayers to you. Her and I both know what its like to lose loved ones who were huge parts in our lives. Our hearts go out to you buddy. God Bless and may Kevin rest in peace.

MOTOWNHONKEY 02-14-2008 08:43 AM

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was an awsome man.

Kanga 02-14-2008 09:23 AM

Thanks Guys.

It is really hard coming to terms that I will never see him again but he does live in my heart.

I cant even think of a bad time we had together.

Roskoe 02-14-2008 09:28 AM

He would no doubt want you to pass that torch on, in the form of mentoring someone else in your life. It is an unselfish gift that often is not fully appreciated until the giver is no longer among us. Sorry for your loss. Roskoe.

Sliverflicker 02-14-2008 11:01 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss Ausie-guy, sounds like his was a good man.

NY/Al 02-14-2008 11:06 AM

Sorry for your loss man. Sounds likeone heck of a fella!

RLoving1 02-14-2008 03:12 PM

Sorry for your loss Russ if you need someone to talk to give me a shout! Sounds like the passing of a good role model that made a positive impact during his time.My prayers are with you!