Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats wrong with this deer? >

Whats wrong with this deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats wrong with this deer?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whats wrong with this deer?

I got a pic of this doe on my trail cam when i checked it today. I dont know what happened to her almost looks like she may have been attacked or something. Shes real skinny in other pics i have you can see her hips,spine,and ribs sticking out. Any ideas as to what may have caused something like this?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats wrong with this deer?

It could be a form of mange or fleas.The hair does not seem to be matted usually a sign of CWD.This deer needs to betaken out of the herdin my opinion.Have you seen any more like this??.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:11 PM

Looks mangy to me
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM

Cars can pack a wollop on a deer. Looks to me like shes been clipped by an auto.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

maybe hit by a car or attack in some way.

edit: Yah what he said^
Old 02-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Possibly looks like a bullet/arrow entered the top of her shoulder and traveled just under the skin exiting right behind the shoulder. Most likely she is sick because of infection no matter how she got the wound and will die eventually. She doesnt look like she is in deadly shape yet but she will most likely end up there but ya never know. This mayisnt legal but if I see a sick deer like that and know its gonna die I'd shoot it and leave it. I may get bashed for sayin that but when i can put an animal out of its missery rather than let it die a slow death I'll do it. Only humain thing to do for them. WCL
Old 02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Doesn't look like mange to me. (I've seen and handled mangy critters)

Looks like a injury. Rolled by a vehicle, tangle in a fence, mauled by bigfoot... etc.. There's a nearly endless number of ways she could have been injured.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the ideas guys. Its kinda hard to say because it has marks down across its back like that also it almost reminded me of claw marks.A barbed wire fence does seems the most logical though. I dont believe its a arrow wound or anything of that sorts because it looks fairly fresh all kinds of deer hunting have been over for a month. Also having more than 1 wound kind of rules that out i think.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Spike

possible cougar, large bobcat, or even wolves. There are so many things that could have possibly done it to give a correct diagnoses. good one to take out of the herd tho.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with this deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.