Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow hunter mag.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow hunter mag.

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Well the last good bow hunting rag has finally bit the dust.

Mine came yesterday,what a joke 19 of the first 30 pages are full page adds,thats not even counting the 1/2 and 1/4 page ones on those few pages that are left. A 70 page magazine that won't take a mornings crap to read.
I know it cost money to publish a magazine but this is B.S. I'm done ,this is my last subscription. Its a real shame to see what greed is doing to hunting in general. []
I know, its a shame Jim. I have almost all the issues going back to when it started except some from the last few years. To tell you the truth, it started going down hill when theystopped putting the average Joe's story in it quite awhile back,Only reason I still pick one up these days is to see what John "Maggie" McGee is up to. I dont know if John still does any seminars, but if he does, and you get a chancs to see any of his home movies dont pass it up, man what a hoot he is.
Yep, thats the best part of the whole magazine! I quit getting it as well last year. I was so sick of the advertising myself. All you seen was Chuck Adams uses this, Chuck Adams uses that, etc! Chuck Adams and the Bowhunter Magazine are all about the money, not hunting anymore! Its a shame, it was a kick but magazine before all the advertising and cliques got involved! Money talks!!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still enjoy Bowhunter Mag. Sure, there are a lot of advertisements, but I don't have to read them. Deer & Deer Hunter is pretty good as well.

I think greed is a good thing. If it wasn't for greed there would be a lot of us wouldn't have a job
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went into my library (bathroom) and got one May/June 2005 issue. Out of 80 pages, 31 1/2 are hunting related and one of them was on how to cook a Carp, thats 48 1/2 pages of advertisement
Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Another thing.... I haven't looked at any of the current popular mags out there, but are they as chocked full of "male enhancement" ads as the recent issues of Field & Stream are? What the heck's up with that anyway? I want to read informational articles on hunting and fishing, not see a pic of "Smilin' Bob" with his "big new swing" in life! Jeez.[:@]
This is an e-mail that I sent to both OL & F&S. I never got a response.
I am so glad thatOutdoor Lifedecided to run all those male enhancement ads. Now when I go fishing all I need to bring is a reel. I attach it to "that certain part of my male anatomy" and i'm good to go. Another "huge" advantage is my girlfriend is suddenly "longs" to go fishing with me!!! Unfortunately Idont think it is appropriate for children or iseven topic related. If these types of ads continue you will "increasingly inch" me to cancel my subscription. Please "extend" some courtesy to yourreaders with children. [/align][/align]
Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

<------ hey bawana why don't you like long haired freaky people?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

I love'em,....there was a time I was one.[:-] Its from a song " Signs"

Try this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLm3HMG8IhM&feature=related
Old 02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Try this!

Magic..are you kidding.. If you are sitting on a pile of un-used "Posted" signs and think "the man" is out to get you...Jim may just adopt you!! He was a long haired freaky person ..it's just with age the hair left..he's still freaky though.

You know I'm kiddin ya Jim
[/align]
Old 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Try this!

Magic..are you kidding.. If you are sitting on a pile of un-used "Posted" signs and think "the man" is out to get you...Jim may just adopt you!! He was a long haired freaky person ..it's just with age the hair left..he's still freaky though.

You know I'm kiddin ya Jim

[/align]
I know your kidding , I still have my hair..
Old 02-13-2008, 12:54 PM

I began subscribing to Deer and Deer Hunting back when it was Stumpsitters and was in newspaper format. I still enjoy it, although its gone downhill a little over the past couple of years.

I dropped Bowhunter over 5 years ago, and OL and F&S even before that.

If you tore out all the ads and rehashed articles that are merely a repeat of the same info of several months before, you'd have a 4 or 5 page magazine.

With the amount and quality of information, both technical and hunting related that one can garner from the web these days, publications are on the way out.

This site is a good example of how technical information, hunting experiences, success stories, and practical or anecdotal information can be shared.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try this!

that video was too funny. I laughed until I had tears.

Quick Reply: Bow hunter mag.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.