HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Tripods......For use from a blind (Turkey hunting) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/232162-tripods-use-blind-turkey-hunting.html)

GMMAT 02-12-2008 06:11 PM

Tripods......For use from a blind (Turkey hunting)

3Criteria.....

1. Has to be able to pack in my Wild Thing pack
2. CAN NOT cost more than my camera or my blind or my bow
3. Tall enough to view out of my DB Matrix

Anyone have one they like a lot? I'm going to be taking my video camera to all my turkey hunts, this year.

Thanks.

buckmaster 02-12-2008 06:16 PM

RE: Tripods......Who's bought one to film blind bowhunts?

Ive never been on a blind bowhunt, Jeff your really stepping up the challenge, i usually try my best to see what im shooting at....

my7pointmonster 02-12-2008 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Ive never been on a blind bowhunt, Jeff your really stepping up the challenge, i usually try my best to see what im shooting at....
that was pretty good.... Nuge said something like that he was like the blood was everywhere i accully called Ray Charles up and had him come bloodtrail her for me

Idk that just made me laugh and ive never used a tripod to video, though i would like to.

Ryan.

Deleted User 02-12-2008 07:04 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

TEmbry 02-12-2008 09:04 PM

Make sure it is a fluid head tripod or it will drive you CRAZY. My tripod sticks which makes it impossible to swivel the camera without the footage having jerks in it. Ive heard great things about bogen fluid head tripods, i think one is called the manfrotto. Kinda pricey, but worth it IMO. My buddy is going to pick one up for his GL2 before turkey season.

MNpurple 02-12-2008 09:17 PM

I've got a Targus. Reletively simple and lightweight. In fact so lightweight I was willing to have it on my pack for elk spike camp last year. Does everything I want it to although I have not done alot of videoing with it, more still pictures.

Washington Hunter 02-12-2008 11:45 PM

I've got a cheap one I bought at Wal-Mart for probably... $40 max.

I don't film myself, I've got a friend along with me so the "fluid head is a must" doesn't really apply. As long as he's paying attention to what he's doing, the footage comes out perfect.

We're not taking professional footage, just films we'll watch at home and share with friends.

bloodcrick 02-12-2008 11:51 PM

RE: Tripods......For use from a blind (Turkey hunting)

Jeff, i have the bushnell Master tripod, it wont break the bank and goes up to 60" and folds down to around 2-1/2' ill have to measure to make sure. I have not tried it myself in a blind yet.