Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wanting to know about bows again >

Wanting to know about bows again

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wanting to know about bows again

Old 02-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wanting to know about bows again

My wife and daughter both shoot the Diamond Edge. It is as smooth as any bow out there.

I would reccomend the 30-40 lb. Model with CX Terminator Jr's. At a 24" Draw Length you will get speeds around 260 with an 85 gr. tip.

Fletch them with the mini blazers and you can't go wrong.

Old 02-13-2008, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

This bow package, rest, sights and quiver run around $300. All you need is a small stabilizer, arrows and a release and you are good to go......
Old 02-13-2008, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Beezer

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Forget about having a bow for a lifetime. You will get stronger. Check out Parker bows. I would suggest the Challenger. You can have them switch out the limbs when you get stronger for $50. I also like the Challenger better than the Edge because it is a Single cam bow.

www.parkerbows.com
I'll second that!
x3

I've always shot Parkers, they make great bows and are quite affordable. The customer service I've had with them was good the few times I had questions for them. And the fact that you can change out the limbs on the Challenger is a big plus, I'm actually looking at getting one for my girlfriend.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

I also like the Parker bows and the customer service that goes with them. My question would be what is available from bow shops in your country? There are a lot of good bows out there but none are worth a darn if they don't get set up properly. When talking about changing limbs and things, it's no advantage if you have to wait 6 months for parts or they cost an arm and a leg to get them.It's also difficult to say you'll like this bow and not that one, because every one is different. The ONLY good way to choose a bow is to get out and shoot them to see what works best for you. Write down the bows recommended here and go see what ones you can get your hands on to test shoot. Shoot as many different bows as you can before making your decision. With all bows set at a specific draw weight, find the bow that feels the easiest to draw and easiest to hold your draw. Finding the most comfortable bow is more important than what name is on it.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately i cant get a hold of bows here as they need to be bought in the US, bowhunting is illegal here. I'd mostly be bowhunting in the US. Thats what makes it hard for me.

Are parker the best make?