HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Mineral site how to's.... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/232083-mineral-site-how-tos.html)

Canuck33 02-12-2008 10:54 AM

Mineral site how to's....

I wnat to start a couple good mineral sites this year to add some supplements for my herd. I was curious if anyone could give me some input on what kinds achieve the best results in antler development as well as benefit the herd as a whole? Where is the best place to buy the minerals?

BobCo19-65 02-12-2008 10:58 AM

RE: Mineral site how to's....

FWIW: It's illegal in NY.

GTOHunter 02-12-2008 11:19 AM

Hmmmm..???? You can't even put out mineral for deer at a certain time of the year then remove it or stop putting the minerals out?

Here in Missouri you are allowed to put minerals out year round and even feed the Deer up until so many days before Hunting Season.Here is what I have put out to give our deer the minerals that they need.

Hard Grain blocks and poured the mineral Buck Jam (Apple Flavored) over it.
Plain White Salt Block
Super 12 mineral from our local MFA Feed Store
C'mere Deer mineral

List of other minerals that are available:

Deer Cocaine
Whitetail Institutes 30-06 mineral
www.MightyDeerLick.com

Any Hunting Store,Feed & Hardwareor Major Discount Store will probably carry all types of minerals for Deer,Cattle and Horses that you can buy and you can also mix your own by using different ingredients you can buy yourself.I'll see if I can find the link where it has the list of stuff you can put together?

BobCo19-65 02-12-2008 11:23 AM

Hmmmm..???? You can't even put out mineral for deer at a certain time of the year then remove it or stop putting the minerals out?
Not in NY.

Deleted User 02-12-2008 01:57 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

BobCo19-65 02-12-2008 02:02 PM

It may be illegal, but if you ahve a nice sized, private tract..no one will ever know.

dukemichaels 02-12-2008 02:04 PM

It may be illegal, but if you ahve a nice sized, private tract..no one will ever know. And its not like its bad for the herd.
Whaaaaaaa??

MN/Kyle 02-12-2008 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

It may be illegal, but if you ahve a nice sized, private tract..no one will ever know.
I bet if I walk out to the back 40 of our 350 acres I could shoot a doe out of season and no one would know, that wouldn't be bad for the herd either[:'(]

GMMAT 02-12-2008 02:07 PM

Guys don't do anything illegal.

The problem is....you can't just "remove it". It gets in the ground...which is where deer naturally access minerals in a natural setting.

I replenish mine about every 3-4 months sometimes more in the Spring. I use Trace minerals, rock salt and Dicalcium Phosphate.

Deleted User 02-12-2008 02:09 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]