Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anybody going away from trail cams? >

Anybody going away from trail cams?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anybody going away from trail cams?

Old 02-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Anybody going away from trail cams?

season #1....I used mine the whole year. It was GREAT!

season # 2....I used it ONLY in the Summer. It was GREAT!

season # 3....I may not put one out, at all.

I'm thinking it would be nice to go to the woods every day and have NO IDEA of what might be coming through the thicket next.

Anyone like NOT having an idea? Anyone gone away from using cameras after utilizing them for a while?
Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anybody going away from trail cams?

I'll be using mine less this year being I think I checked it too much last year. My big buck pics were down 2/3rds from what they were in the begining of the year when I didn't check it very often.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Dominant Buck

Anyone like NOT having an idea? Anyone gone away from using cameras after utilizing them for a while?
Gee, I think they call that hunting. You know, no bait stations, trail cams to find your spot and all that. Read the sign and dive in. If it doesn't work, do it again somewhere else. Most of us are limited in hunting spots so it doesn't really matter much what's there. We set our standards and go to it. It's called hunting.[8D] It also keeps the cost of meat under $100 a pound. LOL
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff I have been No 3 and still may stay that way. I really don't know, I like the suprise. I saw porky for the first time 10-15-2006. On the ther hand, if I would had a camera out early I may have seen Mr. Mass was bedded down about 80 yds from where I was setup.

It's a tough call
Old 02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I must not hunt, because I have really enjoyed seeing what is out there. It is just plain fun to hit those occassional pictures of big bruisers who are roaming through. Have the cameras changed the way I go about hunting? No. But they have made it more fun when I am going through a stretch of seeing nothing from the stand because I KNOW that there are a few good ones out there. Helps keep my motivation up I guess.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:46 PM

i think mine has made me a better hunter. now i hunt the most active areas. i don't have time to scout like some do, so at least it up's my chances. it help me take better bucks and pass on smaller ones. if i know a nice buck is in the area. i'm more likely to let the 2yr olds walk. that just imho
Old 02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

I love mine so far. We used it at work to see what was getting into our horse feed. I put it on a support beam across from the feed, and over the weekend we got about 20 pictures of 4 different skunks.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt the big public woods of wis. and minn. I am afraid someone would steal my camera so I dont use one. I do tons of scouting and have found many cameras in wis. usually next to bait piles. There are people out there who have some very interesting photos of me!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey I'm torn too. I don't think there's one "right" way. I just may do it a little differently this year. Might not, too!

The ONE thing that makes me want to put it out.....is to see what I'm hunting. I only use mine for "inventory" purposes....and it's out of the woods before the season starts by a few weeks. I may put it out fora month or so in the summer......may not.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: WVSPORTSMAN

i think mine has made me a better hunter. now i hunt the most active areas. i don't have time to scout like some do, so at least it up's my chances. it help me take better bucks and pass on smaller ones. if i know a nice buck is in the area. i'm more likely to let the 2yr olds walk. that just imho
This is where I think I am lacking right now. Being I coach baseball, soccer and basketball for my kids, I am not putting in the time glassing I use too.

Good post

Quick Reply: Anybody going away from trail cams?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.