HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   I am finally getting a new bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/231893-i-am-finally-getting-new-bow.html)

ron3775 02-11-2008 08:36 AM

I am finally getting a new bow

I have decided on a Diamond Rapture. 70lb left handed. Now for the accessories. I can't go crazy on the accessories, but I am going to get a new rest, stabilizer, sight pin and quiver.

For the rest, I am looking for something like a whisker bisket, used them before and liked them, although the did tear up a couple of my vanes.

Not a clue about the stabilizer?

Looking for a 3 pin sight. I was using an Impact and liked it, may go back to them.

As for a quiver, I want a four arrow quiver. Not sure what brands work with a diamond bow other then diamond.

Any ideas or pointers would be helpful. Thanks.

trailinone 02-11-2008 08:40 AM

RE: I am finally getting a new bow

If you like the wb, take a look at the Hostage rest. I just put one on my new black ice and I don't have any complaints. I haven't shot it enough for a true opinion yet though.

shane8686 02-11-2008 09:18 AM

Try a QAD Hunter drop away rest. They are cheap ($50) and work GREAT! I was using a WB and really liked it for the full containment, but it did wear out the vanes. I decided to try the QAD, and was sold after I shot it. My groups were cut in half. No more fletching contact, and you still have the full containment feature. After using the QAD, I couldn't go back to the WB.

ABarOfSoap 02-11-2008 09:24 AM

ORIGINAL: shane8686

Try a QAD Hunter drop away rest. They are cheap ($50) and work GREAT! I was using a WB and really liked it for the full containment, but it did wear out the vanes. I decided to try the QAD, and was sold after I shot it. My groups were cut in half. No more fletching contact, and you still have the full containment feature. After using the QAD, I couldn't go back to the WB.
agreed, go with the QAD, the WB was eating my vanes.

Hunter Dan7 02-11-2008 09:29 AM

The WB ate my vanes until i switched from4 inch to 2 inch Blazers and havent had a problem yet. But i think i am going to get a limbdriver fall away for my 82nd im getting.

MOhunter46 02-11-2008 09:34 AM

Just get a limb driver

ron3775 02-11-2008 12:52 PM

I checked out the Vapor trail limb driver and it doesn't show the support that I am looking for. I do at times do some spot and stalk hunting and just a regular rest won't do. I need something for all around support, like the QAD Hunter drop away rest or the Hostage rest. Very nice rest guys.