HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Adder Points for turkey hunting? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/231803-adder-points-turkey-hunting.html)

OKbowhunter20 02-10-2008 07:30 PM

RE: Adder Points for turkey hunting?

Good point but even if it is smaller than the BH I think it would still add some drag to the arrow as it goes through...

Simp 02-10-2008 08:13 PM

There's nothing wrong with a complete pass-through on a turkey. If you shoot him in the boiler room it's all over. If you hit him good he'll almost run, not fly. Just be aware that once you hit him get after him! If you don't, and give him time, he'll bury up into the thickest stuff he can find and he'll die right there, and you'll swear he got away.

Roskoe 02-10-2008 08:16 PM

After losing two well hit birds last spring, I was advised to try these by the local bowhunting guru. Worked like a champ. I put them in between a 75 gr. Muzzy and the arrow shaft and, out of a 60 lb. bow, thehead penetrated about 2/3 of the way through the bird. I was shooting for the middle of the body. Bird couldn't fly or run with that arrow stuck in him. Was very difficult to get out. Had to stand on the bird and pull with both hands.

Bullet Hole Bailey 02-11-2008 07:24 AM

cool!

virginiashadow 02-11-2008 09:23 AM

good info Roskoe, thank you

NY911Bowhunter 02-11-2008 10:17 AM

PLEASE! Do not use adder points and a feild point for turkeys!

There is no need for adders if you use a LARGE diameter expandable broadhead. 1.5 inch and up, with a better head pushing 2 inches.

I have had great success with the 2 inch Rocket Hammerhead.

OKbowhunter20 02-11-2008 01:12 PM

ORIGINAL: NY911Bowhunter

There is no need for adders if you use a LARGE diameter expandable broadhead. 1.5 inch and up, with a better head pushing 2 inches.

Did you read the post?

Im not putting them behind feild tips, im putting them behind broadheads to reduce penetration

Gundeck 02-11-2008 01:40 PM

DropTine, I would consider this similar to cutting through bamboo with a katana and then trying it with a butter knife. The broadhead is meant to cut cleanly through flesh. Just my opinion.

NY911Bowhunter 02-12-2008 08:48 AM

Yep...I read it...I wasnt replying to you, but another person who thought that might be a good idea...which it is not.,

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: NY911Bowhunter

Did you read the post?

Im not putting them behind feild tips, im putting them behind broadheads to reduce penetration