HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Rages (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/231468-rages.html)

my7pointmonster 02-08-2008 06:52 PM

Rages

Today I went to the Eastern Sportshow down in Harrisburg PA and there was a ton of vendors showing a ton of video's well, I got to this one booth and this guy was selling some type of something that noone needed but he had a video of his "pro team" hunting and They were promoting the rages... WELL the lines were crazy and noone was moving so I started to watch this video, They start showing the guy in his treestand he was talking but I couldnt hear him over the hustle and bustle going on around me and it showed a picture of his bow and his Broadhead, it was the rage 3 blade Well it snaps to this doe walking in off this treeline right to the guys stand well you cant see the archer but apparently while the deer was walking straight at him he had drawn and the deer gets pretty close and then you see the arrow fly through the screen and hits the deer directly in the neck and down through the front part of the briscut... the guy was just like Wacking because he did this I was standing there shaking my head the guy apparently never recovered the deer because the hunt was entitled Failed Recovery... I think that this proves what was in my mind about these Broadheads, that it will entyce people to take lesser shots because of the Heads Cutting size, the guy should have waited until the deer kept on the tail and would have turned broadside.. it made me sick watching this video... Sorry for ranting but thats just how I felt about it.

Ryan.

Deleted User 02-08-2008 06:56 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Greg / MO 02-08-2008 06:57 PM

RE: Rages

I'm not sure you can blame a particular head or manufacturer for what's plainly a very poor ethical shot choice. I'd be willing to bet that particular shooter would have made that choice irrespective of the head he was shooting.

Germ 02-08-2008 06:57 PM

So it's rage's fault the guy is an idiot?

I doubt it was the BH that made him take the shot, he's just not to bright IMO

my7pointmonster 02-08-2008 06:57 PM

The video just keeps replaying in my mind and it makes me sick to think about it because the angle was all wrong the shot placement was all wrong it was just not a good deal really

Ryan.

my7pointmonster 02-08-2008 07:00 PM

Im not blaming the manufacturer dont get me wrong... I just cant believe it happened and the guy was proud enough of this situation that he would put it on his video... The whole situation was wrong and i think that he knew what the broadhead would do so he just went ahead and did something he probablly knew was wrong to begin with...

Ryan.

bob d 02-08-2008 07:03 PM

sorry but the manufacturer is to blame for allowing this junk to be tied to their products. i have made my feelings about so caled pro hunters taking bad shots and showing it on the tv

Cougar Mag 02-09-2008 12:21 AM

Interesting you brought this up. A friend of my son uses another brand of mech head, forget what it is. Anyway he was bragging to us how he can aim at the guts of a deer because his head should cut it enough to kill it. All in all for any bowhunter to take a questionable shot simply because of a larger cut is uncalled for.

Rickmur 02-09-2008 04:23 AM

They were promoting the rages
They were promoting the Rage broadhead by not recovering a deer shot with one[&:]. How strange is that?

Hunter Dan7 02-09-2008 05:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

So it's rage's fault the guy is an idiot?

I doubt it was the BH that made him take the shot, he's just not to bright IMO
i agree with you Germ