HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   No Mathews fans? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/231210-no-mathews-fans.html)

huntbigb 02-07-2008 07:31 AM

No Mathews fans?

I have been reading some of the rants on here. Nobody out there seems to like Mathews bows. I shoot the Switchback XT, love it and will never shoot anything other than a Mathews. Yes, I have shot many other bows including Hoyts, PSE and Bears. Why is everyone ripping on the smoothest, quietest bows out there?...that being any Mathews bow.

LostInWoods 02-07-2008 07:34 AM

RE: No Mathews fans?

Nobody rips Mathews, it's a great bow. People just choose other brands.

GR8atta2d 02-07-2008 07:35 AM

Who's ripping?? The strongest thing I ever heard anyone say is the grips are thick.

Nice first post. Welcome!

GMMAT 02-07-2008 07:39 AM

I had one for my first bow. It was a great bow.

huntingson 02-07-2008 07:44 AM

I have a Mathews Ultra II that I bought new I think in 2001 (maybe 2000). I love it and see no NEED for a new bow, but I think it is a stretch to say that all Mathews bows are the "smoothest, quietest bows out there". There are trade offs everywhere in the archery industry, just like every other part of life. It is kind of like building an engine: fast, reliable, cheap... pick 2. Except in archery it is more like smooth, quiet, and fast... pick 2. Nothing is cheap here anymore;)

ranger56528 02-07-2008 07:45 AM

3 in 4 yrs...no problem here........if the glove fits wear it.....

LKNCHOPPERS 02-07-2008 07:45 AM

I think they are good bows.I know somebody that wants one really bad and she will have one when the time is right.

LittleChief 02-07-2008 07:54 AM

Sure, there have been quite a few jabs thrown at Mathews, but it's all in good fun. It's the same when the "non-Hoyt" shooters talk about the Hoyt being used as a "boat anchor" or the "non-Bowtech" shooters voting to make sure the Bowtech Guardian wins the "ugliest bow" contest.
Don't take in personally. As I've said before on here, I know MY bow is better than everyone elses. Why? 'Cause it's the one hanging on MY wall. I'd feel the same if it were a 101 Airborne, an X-Force, Trykon or any other bow. It's mine, I like it, and what someone else thinks or says just doesn't matter.
Welcome to the forums!

Hunter Dan7 02-07-2008 08:05 AM

I thought that I wouldent shoot anything other than a Mathews until I shot a BOWTECH 82nd AIRBORNE. J/K. Mathews make some awesome bows but i will shoot what i like best and that just happens to be a Bowtech this year. Welcome to the forums:D

Back 40 Tree Rat 02-07-2008 08:28 AM

I like mine! Then again I like alot of different bows.