Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No Mathews fans? >

No Mathews fans?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No Mathews fans?

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Default RE: No Mathews fans?

I like them but it looks like matthews cut down a rain forest to make the handle on it. Thats why i should a more tree friendly bow. So I can still have a tree to climb to hunt.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntbigb

I have been reading some of the rants on here. Nobody out there seems to like Mathews bows.
You need to read more ...... lots of us love their bows, and I have NEVER heard anyone say they weren't a good bow ....

I shoot the Switchback XT, love it and will never shoot anything other than a Mathews.
That statement makes NO sense ... what if Mathews starts to put out a mediocre product? Are you gonna buy them then?

Why is everyone ripping on the smoothest, quietest bows out there?...that being any Mathews bow.
That is YOUR opinion .... one I happen to agree with, but YOUR opinion none the less .....Dude, chill out ... you have only posted a few times ...... BTW ..... I shoot a Drenalin
Old 02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I don't recall ever hearing anyone say "Matthews sucks!" because they are obviously a top of the line bow. I think most people's biggest complaint (expecially mine) is the price
Old 02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

I think most people's biggest complaint (expecially mine) is the price
I know most bows today are expensive, but they are typically in line price wise with most everything out there..........

BTW, you live in a beautiful area. My best bud has 160 acres near Morris (Butternuts) that I spend a couple hundred hours on stand at every year. I believe your pretty close to there. You have some beautiful deer in your area!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Spike

Ok, i posted the original post and i think people took me the wrong way. i was in no way mad about the lack of Mathews support. maybe i was reading all the wrong posts, but i was merely curious why more people weren't in line with me about Mathews bows. and i like the grip on my bow, most comfortable out there i think and i have shot a lot of different bows...ok i have never shot a bowtech but have heard they are super nice.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have a mathews outback and i love it
Old 02-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Rick James,
Yeah you have a point about all bows getting more and more expensive, but I have always found them to be the priciest. Maybe its just sour grapes about them being out of my price range. Yeah Morris is pretty close to Edmeston, I actually do almost all my hunting in New Berlin which is even a little closer to Morris. You are correct it is real pretty out there, I'm currently in law school in Springfield Massachusetts and I sure miss being out in the country. Do you do much hunting outside of Albany, or do you mostly go to Morris?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Switchback. No complaints here! The only thing complaining about it are the deer that keep getting shot by it!!
Old 02-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gmil6184

Rick James,
Yeah you have a point about all bows getting more and more expensive, but I have always found them to be the priciest. Maybe its just sour grapes about them being out of my price range. Yeah Morris is pretty close to Edmeston, I actually do almost all my hunting in New Berlin which is even a little closer to Morris. You are correct it is real pretty out there, I'm currently in law school in Springfield Massachusetts and I sure miss being out in the country. Do you do much hunting outside of Albany, or do you mostly go to Morris?
I don't hunt in Albany area at all right now, I have 130 acres in PA (south of Elmira) and my buddy has 160 near Morris, so that keeps me pretty busy. I'm hoping to get access to a few places around Albany in the bowhunting only zone for 08 though, I've got a few good leads in the Bethlehem area.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:37 PM

Mathews fan here. There are alot of great bows out there but it is mathews for me.

rick

Quick Reply: No Mathews fans?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.