Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

White Buck

Old 02-07-2008, 06:36 AM

Default RE: White Buck

Was this near the Argon facility?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

A great looking deer. A friend of mine has taken 2 a doe and then a few weeks later in the same stand an 8 point
Old 02-07-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never seen one while hunting, but i have seen a few down in the state park that i like by, also at Seneca army depot up here near the college i go to they have a whole darn herd of white deer, not albinos, coolest thing ive ever seen!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen 3 totally white in my life(true Albinos ~ not sure of the bucks) 1 doe 2 bucks, Not in parks but not during hunting season. 1 (the doe) while spotlighting in PA was a true albino (pink eyes).

I've seen numerous Piebalds. The most memorable was the 8pt I had at 42 yards this bow-season. A couple limbs and the thought that the chance would only improve, kept me from shooting. Started to draw on several occasions. As far as I know it's still out there.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen a couple before, but never shoot one. Not allowed to shoot white deer in Illinois
Old 02-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

Never seen one while hunting, but i have seen a few down in the state park that i like by, also at Seneca army depot up here near the college i go to they have a whole darn herd of white deer, not albinos, coolest thing ive ever seen!
Yes, I live right next to the depot fence. There are about 300 or so white deer on the depot and a few in the surrounding area. And, you are correct that they are not albino. It is a recessive gene that causes the white coats. They are not piebald in the sense that they are pure white (but no pink eyes and such). With the breeding into the regular population, however, we do get some interesting color combinations. I shot a doetwo years ago that had a very light tan back and the rest was white.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would lay the smack down on a big white buck!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 AM

In WI it is illegal to take a white deer. It shouldn't be, there is no good biological reason to protect them. I saw a white buck once, standing on a snowbank alongside the road. It was dark out and I couldn't believe my eyes, but as I drove by it there was no doubt. I would love to shoota piebald. Never seen either while hunting.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool pics, thanks for sharing. Maybe one day I'll see an albino, or even a piebald. Very nice.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I seen a large one a couple of yrs ago. I'd say he was arbout a 10ptr, then. I was driving down a hwy, & he crossed the hwy &went into a corn field. Cars were stopping to take a look. Strange though, he disappeared in that corn as soon as he got in it. You would think he'd stick out. I've heard of others seeing him this past yr in the same area.

Quick Reply: White Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.