Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought? >

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:02 PM

Default RE: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

the CAN!!!!!It sucked scaredthe deer and they ran off.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

gzg, are you using the butt-out right? It has worked good for me.

Probably the biggest waste for me has been deer feed blocks. I poured corn on top of them to try to get the deer to eat them and they just ate the corn and left the block.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 PM

Allen string loops. I put one on and went out to shoot and first time i pulled back it broke at mid draw. Ive never been hit in the face as hard as i hit myself when it broke. My loop dident come untied, IT BROKE[:@][:@][:@]But i have a friend that swears that the allen $10 dollar realses are the best money can buy. And ill have to say that he has been shooting bows for quite a few years and only one has worn out. He just got a new one lastyear after about5 years with his first one
Old 02-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cough scilencer. You still make a big noise when you cough. Oh yeah, C'Mere deer.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Jennings Matt Cleland signature bow
Nice one.

I once bought some hunter specialty deodorant. I felt like a real dumb ass when I realized its just generic unscented deodorant with a different label, twice the price, and a crappier product.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

tinks 69
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Earth Scent drier sheets. I mean, I thought they could fool a deer....what was I thinking.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Back in the 70's I was at a sporting goods store buying a tree stand. A baker was about the only stand on the market at that time. The baker was a two piece climber/seat with each piece sold separately. The store only had the two pieces in stock. A customer at the store told me I could save money, if I bought only the seat which attached to one's feet similar to todays climber stands and hugged the tree to climb it.

Well, what did I know I was climbing trees at that time to archery hunt. It was Summer so I took it home all excited and to the backyard...took off my shirt and 20 feet up a cherry tree. Things were OK until I tried to come down the tree. Are you familiar with the bark on a cherry tree? I decended the tree in one motion notstop which removed most of the hair off my chest.

Back to the store to buy the last climber and hoping that customer would still be there so I could share my excitement with him. He wasn't there.
This has to be the funniest thing I've read on here in a year!! I about woke up the rest of the family sleeping upstairs laughing out loud!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Spike

I'm on the Allen kick too. I bought some Allen mechanical broadheads at Wally World. Lost two deer with them this year.... NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM

Nothing. I've not bought anything useless, it's all worked 100% as advertised...[&:][&o]

Quick Reply: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.