Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's all the fuss about??  (forgiveness--accuracy--etc) >

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 PM

Default RE: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

ORIGINAL: Germ

Dude pick those sticks up inyour yard

Screw that man.............it's freakin' cold out there. We have just gotten HAMMERED in the last year or two with high winds crazy storms and everything in between........my poor trees have taken a beating. At least the gazeebo is still standing this year.........last year not so lucky. I just took a big limb out of the pool last week [:@]
Old 02-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

Haha atlas i have that same 3d target got it from dicks i hate the plastic legs on that thing if you accidently sink one into that its gone plus the plastic goes up into the shoulder a few arrows have been destroyed at our house because of that damn thing!
Old 02-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

Atlas, way to stick with it. Appreciate thelegwork in this post. I have to say, I would be ecstatic to have consistent shots like that under any circumstances. Nice shooting.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

Your form reminds me of a "traditional" archers form. It appears that theline your head and shoulders are on is still parallel with the bow(or close to it). I'm wondering if that is why you have very little change in your POI from the cant. Good shooting, I don't think I would have braved the elements.

NOPE,I do this same thing and my shots hit 5" to the right and2 of the 3arrows I shot were touching each other.Mine were not low(one was an inch low but the other 2 were dead on in height,but I have the arrow pretty low over the shelf.

Atlas,are you actually using the pin or compensating once you cant?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas buddy, is that the same coffee cup you referenced with the deer track earlier during the season?? Way to brave the elements, my weather has been mild compared to what im seeing in your yard.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

4th shot right to left torque with Buzzcutt (taken from above to show penetration and angle)

Old 02-08-2008, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: greenboy

Haha atlas i have that same 3d target got it from dicks i hate the plastic legs on that thing if you accidently sink one into that its gone plus the plastic goes up into the shoulder a few arrows have been destroyed at our house because of that damn thing!

LOL.............no mistaking a leg shot on one of those. I got that one at Gander........it was leaning up against the rackwith no box andthe guy says I can have it for $35.That's about all it's worth...........if that
Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Atlas,are you actually using the pin or compensating once you cant?

I aimed the same on every shot...........that's the whole point.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Atlas buddy, is that the same coffee cup you referenced with the deer track earlier during the season?? Way to brave the elements, my weather has been mild compared to what im seeing in your yard.
ORIGINAL: atlasman

4th shot right to left torque with Buzzcutt (taken from above to show penetration and angle)

I think that one was an XL.............This one was #2 already at noon so I downsized to the L

Old 02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Atlas, way to stick with it. Appreciate thelegwork in this post. I have to say, I would be ecstatic to have consistent shots like that under any circumstances. Nice shooting.
+1

I think it's great what you're doing. A lot of people (including me) have at one time or another questioned these types of situations and what exactly is the result of "poor form". I think what you are showing is that....While good form is always something to strive for, your groups shouldn't be an absolute mess if your grip isn't quite perfect or you shoulder isn't exactly positioned right etc....

This thread isvery interesting and no doubt goes to the very "nuts and bolts" of archery. Quite refreshing to actually read something about the actual mechanics of archery, something that will undoubtedlybe used in a hunting situation. If you hunt long enough you're going to find yourself in a position where you might need to take a shot from an awkward angle etc...

Much better that the old: "what's the best bow?" or..." look how fastmy bow is" or "my bow can beat up your bow" threads that have been posted lately.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

great post atlas thanks for the leg work in that crappy weather, I had very similar results when shooting today with any form as long as you hold the pin on the target out to 25 yds you should be very close as long as your bow is set up well. I had a little better weather to shoot in though, partly cloudy 75 dgrs today.

Quick Reply: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.