Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's all the fuss about??  (forgiveness--accuracy--etc) >

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Old 02-06-2008, 06:34 PM

Default RE: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

In all honesty, Atlas....Rob and I had this very discussion a few months ago....and I'd never tried it (TFOX was in on that one, too). Don't flatter yourself. I needed to see for me.
You said it yourself..........you were VERY skeptical..........meaning that after you saw my pics and read my write up you STILL didn't believe it..........meaning you didn't believe me. Admit it.........before you proved it to yourself you thought I was lying.......it's ok, Arthur STILL thinks I am lying

It IS an unfortunate fact that there are those who will jump at any opportunity to tryto discredit another forum member. I had it happen to me when I shot at two deer in one day, this past fall. I know exactly what you're talking about.
Apples and oranges..........no one implied you were a liar........just that you did a bonehead thing.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good post Atlas!! Good info. To many times people do blame there equipment or something ridiculous. A person has to know how to use there equipment properly. Many times too when there bows are tuned a person does just plain old miss's also, some people have a tough time excepting the fact that they screwed up by peaking or dropping there bow arm or something else!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Dominant Buck

meaning that after you saw my pics and read my write up you STILL didn't believe it..........meaning you didn't believe me.
I didn't believe Rob and TFOX when we talked about this earlier. Didn't call anyone a liar, though. I said what I said.....I was skeptical.

I'm not going to argue with you about this. Just don't put words in my mouth. Please.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Good post Atlas!! Good info. To many times people do blame there equipment or something ridiculous. A person has to know how to use there equipment properly. Many times too when there bows are tuned a person does just plain old miss's also, some people have a tough time excepting the fact that they screwed up by peaking or dropping there bow arm or something else!

That's what this is all about..........I see guys on here every day worryingaboutPERFECT form and stressing over the minutia of archery and it's execution...........as if any even slight deviation from excellence will be catastrophic.What I tried toshow is a regular guy shooting nothing special should still not be missing by feet or worse even in extreme cases of bad form...........so maybe some guys will try this for themselves and realizethat tiny flaws areprobably not the cause of themajor problems they are seeing...........in other words, if you go shootsome arrows in your yard and kill the neighbors cat,lose 3 arrows and knock out the power on your block.........it's probably a little more then your grip pressure

Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 PM

Didn't call anyone a liar, though. I said what I said.....I was skeptical.
With me presenting pics and an explanation of what I did to get them being skeptical means you didn't believe me..........if you don't believe what I posted that means you think I made it up........meaning I lied.

No big deal..........I'm sure you're not the only one. I invite everyone to prove it to themselves like you did. I didn't set out to prove anything here..........frankly I did it for fun. I have done this tons of times before so the results were no shock to me.

I'm not going to argue with you about this. Just don't put words in my mouth. Please.

I didn't realize we were arguing.............I have no problem with whatyou said..........I knew some would question the results andthat's ok.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Instead of a pissing contest I would simply suggest for everyone who bowhunts a lot to try shooting under less than ideal conditions(I'm sure many do), whether it be your stance, your grip, odd angles, etc. If for no other reason than to see the effects (big or small) created bythedifferent situations on your equipment and your ability to put an arrow where you need to.

I thinkthat most experienced shooters will find similiar results to Atlas especially when thetarget ranges are near normal bowhunting ranges (20 yards or less). We all want a perfect 20 yard broadside shot from our treestand on theperfect tree at the perfect heighton anunalarmed deer that isstanding to our left(for right handers) looking directly away from us with a slight calm breeze blowingfrom the deer to usand the sun slowlysettingoff toour rightwith no rain in sight and plenty of shooting light, but it doesn't always happen that way, at least not where I hunt.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

If I wanted to call you a liar...I'd call you a liar. I didnt. Don't put words in my mouth.

You know exactly what I mean.....but yet you continue. I'll never undertand you.

Have a good evening.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh! You tell him! Im so madI cant!!

[8D]
Old 02-06-2008, 07:36 PM

If I wanted to call you a liar...I'd call you a liar. I didnt. Don't put words in my mouth.

What did you apologize for??

You know exactly what I mean.....but yet you continue. I'll never undertand you.
I already said I had no problem withwhat you said.......and you now know Iwasn't "exagerrating".........I don't know what else you want from me.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Quick Reply: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.