Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's all the fuss about??  (forgiveness--accuracy--etc) >

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM

Default RE: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Because your eye is about 9 inches are so above your arrow. The closer your eye is to the arrow the less differences it would make. If you take a string, hold it up and the top is your eye and the bottom is the arrow. The eye will all ways be in the same spot, so move the bottom of the string the arrow and how you can see the arrow is how to the right are lift, so you can see the arrows going hit right are lift not straight under your eye when it's level. The farther away the target is the farther right are lift it is going to be. You can cant your bow if you cant the same ever time with your 4 are 5 pin sight like the string need to be in leveled up straight under your eye, not level with your bow. The sights would need to be sat level with your eye in order not to walk off the target to one side at longer yardage.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:53 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Canting the bow on longer shots severely negatively effects my accuracy..... For me this is fact, you say it doesn't effect you though...
What is "severely"? and "longer"??..........how bad will you be missing ans at what yardages?......and how much canting?

Ask any one who shoots competitively if form, shot sequence and execution is important to their accuracy.
I never said these were wise ways to shoot........what I did say is that even in extreme cases they didn't destroy my accuracy so maybe these aren't things we should be worrying about in tiny amounts during close range hunting shots. I never said anything about competitive archery or long distance shooting.

I can't believe we are even discussing this over a few shots from 25 yards in your back yard... I could probably draw aim close my eyes for 5 seconds and drop 3 in a ten ring... I wouldn't suggest anyone doing that either....

Did you see me suggest anyone shoot this waywhile hunting??

What you may call good enough byputting 3 arrows in a 10 ring at 25 yards..... That justisn't good enough in a competition venue....

Go shoot a 450 round of 3 spot both ways (proper fit and form and you test criteria)and check back in with us with how it goes...
I wrote the thread so I am pretty certain I never mentioned competition venues or 3 spot events.Not sure where you are coming up with that from.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Answer me one quick question, atlas...

When you canted the bow, how did you aim in order to put the arrows in side the 10 ring?
Thanks for asking this question.

You say you didn't do anything different? You shot this and AIMED in the 10 ring???

Interesting.....lol
Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

You're not being entirely truthful, are you?
100%

When I cant my bow to the right45 degrees and put the pin on the target at 25 yards, my arrows are aimed at a point some 7 FEET left of the target.
What??

You are saying that if you cant your bow 45 degrees and aim as normal you will miss by 7 feet??

There is no way in hell you got those arrows into the 10 ring at 25 yards using your normal point of aim with that much cant.

Yea Arthur.............I made it up

I've never beenTHAT bored man.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Canted bow sight window.

Now.....exactly WHERE was it you said you were aiming? And you hit WHERE?

Your bow is canted (so's your sight window....like above)....but your arrow is still in the same position.

Everybody go try this and see what happens
Old 02-06-2008, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

Because your eye is about 9 inches are so above your arrow. The closer your eye is to the arrow the less differences it would make. If you take a string, hold it up and the top is your eye and the bottom is the arrow. The eye will all ways be in the same spot, so move the bottom of the string the arrow and how you can see the arrow is how to the right are lift, so you can see the arrows going hit right are lift not straight under your eye when it's level. The farther away the target is the farther right are lift it is going to be. You can cant your bow if you cant the same ever time with your 4 are 5 pin sight like the string need to be in leveled up straight under your eye, not level with your bow. The sights would need to be sat level with your eye in order not to walk off the target to one side at longer yardage.

I seriously can't understand what you are trying to say..........your grammar is atrocious.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Thanks for asking this question.

You say you didn't do anything different?
Nope..........only difference was canting the bow.

You shot this and AIMED in the 10 ring???
Yes.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 PM

I give up
Old 02-06-2008, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Now.....exactly WHERE was it you said you were aiming? And you hit WHERE?
Used top pin and aimed as I normally would............the pic shows the results.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Guys I think we are missing the peep aspect.

If a person with a peep cants his bow, I believe one will get results Atlas did. Being the peep aligns the sight.

If I tried this, being it do not use a peep, I would be looking at the sight from a different angle. If I cant my bow I shoot off of where I am aiming.
I think if one has a peep and they can look through it, one can pull the shot off.

Does that make sense? That is why I ask Atlas if he used a peep.

Quick Reply: What's all the fuss about?? (forgiveness--accuracy--etc)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.