Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I can't help myself!!! >

I can't help myself!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't help myself!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I can't help myself!!!

I just seems to me that Bowtech has a little more Want-To that everyone else. I would say they are at the top when it comes to using their resources and daring to try something radical. I still love my bear though!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichiganWhitetails74

HOYT....HOYT......HOYT.......
Its been about 3 yrs since I bought a new bow and I've been entertaing the Hoyt Advantage due to it having a longer axle length. Being a south paw its not likely I can find one on the rack. Anyone have any feedback on this bow would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bobby
Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Hoyt/Reflex guy, last 4 bows have been one of the other, but I will admit (first part of the 12 step program for archery addicts) that the Bowtech bows, have caught my interest. Though I'm more interested in the Allegiance and 101st than the General or Guardian and 82nd, because I like a little longer BH, longer ATA, and these seem to be likely contenders for what I'd want in a bow moreso than the others. Also, I've touted the Tomcat as what would be one of the best bows for a beginner out there, because they have such a nice long BH, and aren't super short.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 PM

I think Bowtech has Surpassed Mathews IMO. They have come a long way in a short time to be where they are today! The shop I go to at school is the largest Mathews dealer in Missouri, and now what other brand has he got in his shop? That's right Bowtech. I go in there and shoot about 2-3 times a week and everytime i do i hear people wanting to shoot the Bowtechs, and have even seen many people purchse one. I find it funny that a lot the Mathews guys now shoot bowtechs at this shop. So to sum it up yes Bowtech has Surpassed Mathews.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Depends on where you're at.

HNI is a Bowtech heavy forum.

I believe they're high on the list, yes, but I don't think they're yet superior to every other brand on the market.

Bingo!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:47 AM

Refuse to Follow! Actually, I wish I could afford a Hoyt andMathews as well. I think they are all great!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 AM

I frequent two local Bowshops here in Minneapolis who sell Mathews, Bowtech, Hoyt, and PSE. Both shops sell more Mathews by a good margin than all of the others combined. Especially here in MN you close to the manufacturer and all of the shops say Mathews has the best warranty and customer service in the business bar one. They should know, because they order parts from all of the big manufacturers. I think bowtech and hoyt both make great porducts. Bowtech is trying some new designs which is good, they need to shake up the market and try new things. That in itself doesn't make them better than anyone else. I shot bows from all of the big manufacturers and still bought a Mathews. If you look at the new genereal and guardian there are just too many moving parts, there are clips and screws every place you look. Too much to go wrong in my book, it's a bow, they used to just be a piece of wood.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

has Bowtech become the new "Mathews"???
You mean everyone jumping on the bandwagon[:-]
I gs Im guilty! I shot alot of bows b4 purchasing my Bowtech General. The General is the only bow that melted my heart! So I guess im on the bandwagon!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot a Mathews most of my life and now going to try out the Bowtech general and the guardian.....seems to me Mathews is just coming out with the same bows and just putting their name on them as they have good marketing...I wish they would of came out with something better this year.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

The shop I go to at school is the largest Mathews dealer in Missouri,
Sorry this is kinda off topic but,MOmightymite, where are you talking about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.