Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past >

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Let's see, reasons I don't like the WB after using it for 2 seasons:
1)Getting busted while trying to draw on a deer.
2)multiple expensive trips to the bow shop for vanes and retuning my bow.
3)false sence of security. The arrow doesn't fall off the rest but I was always crushing the arrow into the bristles.
4)shot different in different weather conditions and temps.
5)my 3" group with the WB immediately turned into a 1.5" group when I switched to a drop away. The spring steel rest I had prior to the WB I also shot better groups.
6)According to my crony, the WB lost 3-4 FPS AT THE BOW. and 20-25 fps at 25 yards. Add that data with my paper tuning data and it takes longer to stabilize an arrow using the WB rest
7)A left handed Wb replacement biscuit cost me $5 more than a right handed replacement. I'm not even convinced there is a difference. It is also conceivable that there isn't a difference, but should be, which may explain making more noise and being less accurate for me as a left hander...?
8)last but not least, I've been testing out FOB's and so far I like what I'm seeing and FOB's will not go through a WB.

There is no doubt in my mind that my groups are better with a drop away than a WB and my arrows are stabilizing faster and carrying more KE down range and with a lot fewer trips to the bow shop. I have no idea how my set up would group at 136 yards, I don't think I can even see that far!

Let's see, reasons I like the WB after using it ohhhhh since it first came out.

1)Never got busted drawing on a deer....even as close as 5yds on a calm (no wind) day.
2)No vane damage what so ever and I use el cheapo 4in vanes....I guess I must have one of those "magic" WB that don't damage vanes....or I know how to set it up and the correct opening to use.
3)Great sense of security, my arrow has never fallen off the rest, even when it gets pushed into the bristles it pops back into place without even touching it.
4)Shot the exact same no matter what weather I was in and that includes 90deg summer days, -10deg winter days, rain, sleet, snow, you name it, It worked flawless
5)My groups are about as tight as I'm capable of shooting. I have to shoot spots or I'll be damaging vanes.
6)According to my Chronograph, my bow shootsplenty fast to kill anything on the North American continent.
7)The replacement biscuit will fit both right or left handed models...it's the same biscuit. It's the plastic frame and mount that's different.
8) last but not least I don't shoot FOB's...they're junk.

There's no doubt in my mind that my groups are just fine, my arrow stabilizes just fine, carries PLENTY of KE down range and I don't go the the bow shop often either.

Old 02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

1)Never got busted drawing on a deer....even as close as 5yds on a calm (no wind) day.
2)No vane damage what so ever and I use el cheapo 4in vanes....I guess I must have one of those "magic" WB that don't damage vanes....or I know how to set it up and the correct opening to use.
3)Great sense of security, my arrow has never fallen off the rest, even when it gets pushed into the bristles it pops back into place without even touching it.
4)Shot the exact same no matter what weather I was in and that includes 90deg summer days, -10deg winter days, rain, sleet, snow, you name it, It worked flawless
5)My groups are about as tight as I'm capable of shooting. I have to shoot spots or I'll be damaging vanes.
6)According to my Chronograph, my bow shootsplenty fast to kill anything on the North American continent.
7)The replacement biscuit will fit both right or left handed models...it's the same biscuit. It's the plastic frame and mount that's different.

There's no doubt in my mind that my groups are just fine, my arrow stabilizes just fine, carries PLENTY of KE down range and I don't go the the bow shop often either.

I can say the same thing about the arrow rest that I use, the golden premier. I've shot many different types of archery with this rest. NFAA indoor and outdoor (lizzard tongue), 3-d (scooped out post) and hunting (modifies carbon prongs). All are interchangable on the same rest. The rest also has seperate left/right, up/down and launcher tension adjustments making it one of the easiest to tune. The only thing I change on my hunting rest is the moleskin on the prongs every other year. You can buy a lifetime supply of it for less than $8.00.

For me to shoot a WB would be akin to shooting off of a springy with my index finger wrapped over the arrowand forgetting to remove it at the shot!![8D][:-]
Old 02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GregH

I can say the same thing about the arrow rest that I use, the golden premier. I've shot many different types of archery with this rest. NFAA indoor and outdoor (lizzard tongue), 3-d (scooped out post) and hunting (modifies carbon prongs). All are interchangable on the same rest. The rest also has seperate left/right, up/down and launcher tension adjustments making it one of the easiest to tune. The only thing I change on my hunting rest is the moleskin on the prongs every other year. You can buy a lifetime supply of it for less than $8.00.

For me to shoot a WB would be akin to shooting off of a springy with my index finger wrapped over the arrowand forgetting to remove it at the shot!![8D][:-]
I agree Greg, that's why I posted what I did....it was kinda "tongue in cheek" because you can say good or bad things about many different rests out there.

I just like to dispel the miss-information being spewed when I can.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

same here BigJ, i agree, except with #eight, i have never tried them

Let's see, reasons I don't like the WB after using it for 2 seasons:
1)Getting busted while trying to draw on a deer.
2)multiple expensive trips to the bow shop for vanes and retuning my bow.
3)false sence of security. The arrow doesn't fall off the rest but I was always crushing the arrow into the bristles.
4)shot different in different weather conditions and temps.
5)my 3" group with the WB immediately turned into a 1.5" group when I switched to a drop away. The spring steel rest I had prior to the WB I also shot better groups.
6)According to my crony, the WB lost 3-4 FPS AT THE BOW. and 20-25 fps at 25 yards. Add that data with my paper tuning data and it takes longer to stabilize an arrow using the WB rest
7)A left handed Wb replacement biscuit cost me $5 more than a right handed replacement. I'm not even convinced there is a difference. It is also conceivable that there isn't a difference, but should be, which may explain making more noise and being less accurate for me as a left hander...?
8)last but not least, I've been testing out FOB's and so far I like what I'm seeing and FOB's will not go through a WB.

There is no doubt in my mind that my groups are better with a drop away than a WB and my arrows are stabilizing faster and carrying more KE down range and with a lot fewer trips to the bow shop. I have no idea how my set up would group at 136 yards, I don't think I can even see that far!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

That shooting is freakin ridiculous
Old 02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ignorance is plentiful...

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

Who let all the bickering school children on the bowhunting forum?
Good Question shouldn't you be there??
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Big,those last couple inches are really the ones that matter imo,that is when all the things that happened on the shot will show up,ie,torque,dropped arm etc.
Isn't that true for drop aways aswell??........only you are now talking about the time the rest falls to when it leaves the string.No support or guidance other then the string at that point and surely the above willshow up just as dramatically.......won't they?......perhaps even moreso depending onhow quickly the rest drops. Some of the footage on theSpot Hogg website shows morethen half the arrow running by with no support...........if gravity can't even act that faston more then half an arrow then how dramatic would the things you mentioned haveto be to act on amere3-4 inches?

I don't think the WB or a drop away willbe the rate limiting factor in that situation........if it's even possible at all.

Yes,but I feel thecontact on the end of the arrow makes the situation worse.

I don't swear by the dropaways either but they do tune better in my experience.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

The old platinum premier rest is still one of the finest rest ever built.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

I just switched from a WB to a QAD Ultra Hunter. Tried a few little experiments where I was deliberately trying to induce hand torque to the bow during the shot. I found my shots didn't stray half as much with the drop away. With perfect form, however, I shot some real tight groups with the WB. Even at long range.

One of my buddies is a world class bow shot. Has Robin Hooded so many arrows it's almost funny. He hit a prairie dog, on video, in the heart at 80 yards back in August - first shot. Using a WB. But he also missed a wild turkey at 30 yards - shooting froma cramped position in a ground blind. I'm sure there was some lack of forgiveness issue at work here. He went to a drop away as well in the past month.
Thanks Roskoe,this is exactly what I have tried to get people to do for themselves to see if they can tell a difference and your friends experience mirror my beliefs.

I have tried to tune wb's and that told me all I needed to know about them.Not to be arrogant but I know how to tune and I just don't like the way the wb performs.

All I would ask is for people to test their products in different situation to see how they perform.

I do this with all my equipment.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

I guess thats some pretty good proof, im just wondering why the camera man never went down there to get up close and have a better look.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.