Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 will it be akward ? >

will it be akward ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will it be akward ?

Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: will it be awkward ?

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Yes it will be awkward. Being a small business owner I know how it is. I have fixedproblems and given advice to help build my business, and then the sameguy goes and buys it on ebay or an INTERNET site. Then I get people saying "Wow, this place is greatI hope you stay here, it is sooo convenient to have a shop here." and go drive 500 miles to save $200 on a large purchase. I eat scraps when I have to, and then when they come in with their out of state bought bike (because nobody else can fix it) I just don't cut em any breaks. If you are going to shop by price alone be sure to compare apples to apples, I get that all the time too.
Buying a $$$$$$$ Harley is a lot different than buying a bow. You can't blame someone for saving $200-400 on a bow buying it on eBay.
I am not talking about saving $200-$400 on a new bow, and it is not that different anyway.I doubt you would save that much anyway. He was talking new and used, big difference in value.I am not saying don't get a good deal, just don't USE the local shop for testing out all the latest stuff and go buy it somewhere else and bring it in to get setup. They may not "let on" that they are not happy about the purchase you made (that is a professional attitude) but they do feel it. Do what you think is right for you, but "What goes around comes around."
Old 02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

Yes it will be awkward. Being a small business owner I know how it is. I have fixedproblems and given advice to help build my business, and then the sameguy goes and buys it on ebay or an INTERNET site. Then I get people saying "Wow, this place is greatI hope you stay here, it is sooo convenient to have a shop here." and go drive 500 miles to save $200 on a large purchase. I eat scraps when I have to, and then when they come in with their out of state bought bike (because nobody else can fix it) I just don't cut em any breaks. If you are going to shop by price alone be sure to compare apples to apples, I get that all the time too.
Buying a $$$$$$$ Harley is a lot different than buying a bow. You can't blame someone for saving $200-400 on a bow buying it on eBay.
I am not talking about saving $200-$400 on a new bow, and it is not that different anyway.I doubt you would save that much anyway. He was talking new and used, big difference in value.I am not saying don't get a good deal, just don't USE the local shop for testing out all the latest stuff and go buy it somewhere else and bring it in to get setup. They may not "let on" that they are not happy about the purchase you made (that is a professional attitude) but they do feel it. Do what you think is right for you, but "What goes around comes around."
I am a small business owner as well and if I had the attitude of what comes around goes around attitude with my customers (Farmers) I wouldn't be in business today! Its a bugger to compete against the big boys in prices, etc! It sucks but one can't blame someone for trying to save an extra buck. Business owners didn't get where they are today by not saving money, sooner or later if you keep treating that person right I guarantee they will eventually be at your business spending cash.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure lots of guys goto proshops to have their bows tweaked etc......and they appreciate the business, and if they know anything they should be after you for your next bow, which I'd suspect you might be more than likely to buy from them at that point. Although I don't shop the big stores for my bowstuff, my local shop has always taken care of me, expert advice, good prices, I don't ask for too much, plus has anyone ever thought how all you really need is 1 bow to hunt everything, vs about 3+ rifles/shotguns etc....?
Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a small business owner, but a great deal is a great deal. If I brought my bow purchased elsewhere to a local shop, I'd expect to pay for service. I bought my bow at a shop quite a distance away because nobody local sold BowTech. Now there is a local dealership and they are happy to work on my bow. They don't jack prices either. I give them my business and am happy to refer others to them.