HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Looking for the best hunting arrow. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/230823-looking-best-hunting-arrow.html)

ABarOfSoap 02-04-2008 11:07 PM

Looking for the best hunting arrow.

Well i got the best bow i can get, now im looking for the best arrows, What arrows do you guys like for hunting, and using forbroadheads? (mostly treestand hunting)

buckmaster 02-04-2008 11:28 PM

RE: Looking for the best hunting arrow.

Gold tip arrows topped off with Rage 2-blade, or G5 Striker.

popeandyoungchaser 02-04-2008 11:35 PM

I like the easton Epic St'sor the Axis shaft but i think i will be trying the new aramids from CX this year!!

idahoelkinstructor 02-05-2008 12:14 AM

If you want the very best I would say Easton ACC's but they are costly! In addition toACC'sI have used A/C Super Slims, Axis Full Metal Jacket, Gold Tips, and easton XX75's and even easton gamegetters. All of these arrows are excellent for hunting and have killed lots and lots of game by many of bowhunters.With arrows today, it would be hard to find a arrow that didn't make a good hunting arrow. Sure many are better and more expensive but for hunting most big game shot at ranges under 30 yards, a simple and inexpensive arrow such as a easton carbon storm will kill game all day long.

Cougar Mag 02-05-2008 06:15 AM

The best hunting arrows I've ever used are the Easton A/C Superslims.......now discontinued[:o]. Don't laugh at my next choice but coming in second are the XX78 Superslams. Took a lot of deer with those.

1_shot_1_deer 02-05-2008 06:18 AM

Gold tip 5575's are what I shoot, durable and I love them.

Walleyefever 02-05-2008 06:31 AM

Easton Full Metal Jacket is my choice topped off with Rage 2-blade.

GMMAT 02-05-2008 06:34 AM

a/c/c 3-71's (for my taste)

After breaking 4-5 arrows in '06.....I switched to these in '07. NO breaks. Several arrows re-used and took multiple deer.

mobow 02-05-2008 06:41 AM

Either ACC's or Maxima Hunters. Couldn't go wrong with either. Hey, you said the best...those 2 are the best of the best, IMO.

Really though.....get the best arrows you can afford. I know it's difficult letting go of hard earned money for something that's going to break and wear out, but it really is worth it.

HuntingBry 02-05-2008 06:42 AM

Another ACC fan here. I have used XX75s, XX78s, Gold Tips, Carbon Extreme and now ACCs and I can't think of a reason to switch.