Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boy Scouting

Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Boy Scouting

I grew up in the sticks. We hunted and fished and swam in the creek everyday all day. Seriously, we were outside doing some of it. We always said we didn't have time to come out of the woods to go play scout. LOL Actually, the money for uniforms for a family of 4 boys was better spent on bullets and food. We were dirt poor really. When I grew up I also took up scouting for a few years. Ironically, probably my time spent in the woods hunting ended up more valuable to me than scouting would have. At least it played out that way for a couple years in South East Asia. First Squadron First Cavalry.... Scouts Out.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:35 AM
Spike

I grew up scouting until I reached highschool. I playedvarsity baseball and golfso scouts fell to the wayside. I really enjoyed everything I learned from scouting thoughand I am currently an assistant den leader in my son's troop. He is a Webelo.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: pinetag

I grew up scouting until I reached highschool. I playedvarsity baseball and golfso scouts fell to the wayside. I really enjoyed everything I learned from scouting thoughand I am currently an assistant den leader in my son's troop. He is a Webelo.
Awesome! I really enjpyed working with that age group.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

i was a scout for about 3 months....and that was all i wanted.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was a scout for most of my school years. I think it has changed a lot, though. Not better or worse, just different.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eagle Scout here.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a scout.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I was a scout for most of my school years. I think it has changed a lot, though. Not better or worse, just different.
I agree, it has changed even in through the years I've been involved. It has gotten much more political on all levels and that p*sses me off beyond belief. It is supposed to be about teaching life values and outdoor skills, unfortunately it doesn't always work like that anymore.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was a scout. that is where i developed my love for being in the woods. I now have two boys in scouting and my oldest really loves the camping and being in the woods.
I help out with the troop and go with my son camping, I really enjoy being out there teaching the kids stuff. This year was i tried something differentand it payed off.
I got up early while camping with the scouts and went for a walk through the woods with my bow . ended up stalking a deer and shooting it all before breakfast. after that
i went and followed the blood trail and recovered the deer. that night we had venison on the grill. great weekend
Old 02-05-2008, 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

I was a scout. that is where i developed my love for being in the woods. I now have two boys in scouting and my oldest really loves the camping and being in the woods.
I help out with the troop and go with my son camping, I really enjoy being out there teaching the kids stuff. This year was i tried something differentand it payed off.
I got up early while camping with the scouts and went for a walk through the woods with my bow . ended up stalking a deer and shooting it all before breakfast. after that
i went and followed the blood trail and recovered the deer. that night we had venison on the grill. great weekend
This is what I wanted to hear! Awesome story and I'm glad to hear that you got your kids involved with scouting!

Quick Reply: Boy Scouting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.