Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boy Scouting

Old 02-04-2008, 07:03 PM

Default Boy Scouting

I was just curious how many people here grew up involved in scouting. This upcoming weekend is Scout Sunday, and we had a service this past weekend to honor our old Scoutmaster who just stepped down; and our pastor (and current Scoutmaster) did a little test:

He had all the people who were/or currently are in scouts stand up
Then he had all the parents of people who are/were stand up
Then he had spouses/other family members of scouts stand up
After this question, about 90% of the congregation were standing.

I found that really cool, as I grew up in scouting, climbed through the ranks from a cubby, received my Eagle Scout in late 2005 and am currently an Asst. Scoutmaster for my old troop. I look back at my years in scouting and know how much better of a person it made me and how it directly has effected my love for the outdoors and in-turn, my love for archery and bowhunting. So has anyone else here had their love for the outdoors influenced by Scouting?

Also, have any of ya'll gotten your own kids into scouting? Thought about helping a local troop?
Old 02-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Boy Scouting

My Scouting days were a long time ago, but it was great. I have always Loved the outdoors so it was natural for me to get involved in scouting.

Dan
Old 02-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I was a boy scout all the way up until I was in middle school.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

im more of a girl scout myself....

in all seriousness, i never got into the scouts or anything...didnt know anyone that was in gradeschool, and was a pretty shy kid that didnt like to do things...kinda wish i was now...good way to make a resume look good...lots of volunteer work to put down alot of times, and shows your dedication and commitment to something...
Old 02-04-2008, 08:08 PM

I'm a little surprised at the lack of responses on this, I would have thought there were more scouters on here. Interesting...
Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

My brother and I were involved in the scout program back in the early 60's , almost made it to the eagel rank.
Attended two ( Scout - O - Rama's ) one of them was at Moreen state park Pa. and the other was somewhere in South Dakota.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I was a Platoon Sgt of a Marine Corp Infantry Platoon. After which I became a "different type of SCOUT" for the remainder of my tour. The kind that uses an M40A3

No Boy "Scouting" in my past, although...some of my Marines were former Scouts.
Well I can certainly respect that! Some of my closest friends are either serving currently or have just recently gotten home. I respect anyone that volunteers. Thank You for your service.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:12 AM

I was a scout for 5 years or so, made it to Eagle Scout. It is only part of the reason that I love the outdoors. I think that growing up in the outdoors was the main reason. I was going to try to get involved with a local troop but work and school is going to keep me consumed for the next year.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was until high school. Then varsity bball, schoolwork, DeMolaysand (ahem)females didn't leave me much free time to carry on with it. Two merit badges short of Eagle. Ordeal member of Order of the Arrow.

Quick Reply: Boy Scouting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.