Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do with "Old" limbs? >

What to do with "Old" limbs?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do with "Old" limbs?

Old 02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Dominant Buck

Default What to do with "Old" limbs?

I'm likely going to order a set of 50-60# limbs for my 82nd. I wish I'd gone that route when I ordered it. Live and learn.

What's the market like for used limbs (100 shots or less)?

If anyone's ordering a new 82nd.....and wants 60-70# limbs.....I might be interested in helping YOU out.....while you help ME out, too. Just order yours in 50-60#.......I'll send you mine......and I'll send you some $$.

Does this make sense?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What to do with "Old" limbs?

I would save them for backup You never know
Old 02-04-2008, 01:17 PM

I'd have to agree with Germ, I'd keep them around just incase you would like to throw them back on.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Probably sound advice, guys...........thanks.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff may I ask why the 50-60? I asked this a while back as I was thinking my next bow would be 50-60 and probably still pick up some speed.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Dominant Buck

GR8....I'm trying to get to 280fps (+/-3%) to get "legal" for anything ASA I wanted to shoot in. I've shot some local tournaments (finished 2nd, yesterday) but they're not holding us to that standard.......YET. It's only a matter of time before something comes up I'd like to shoot in.....and I'd like to be able to do it, legally.

Plus......It's shooting 330fps at 62#'s! I'm STILL gonna have to build a heavy arrow.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Dominant Buck

In other words.....I'm trying to dumb down my bow.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I kept my spare limbs for the Victory. When it came time to sell the bow it was a plus to the buyer.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I ran my 82 through the Chrono today and at 60# 28" draw it shot my 326 grain CXMaximas at 308 fps with a loaded string. It is really shooting some tight groups at 20 yards. I have yet to back up, but don't see anything changing

Jeff, you'll still have to dumb her down to get the ASA speed limit, but the KE for hunting with the 82 will be awesome. Mine's putting out over 68#, not bad for a 60# bow

Dan

Old 02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you are comfortable at the 62#'s,I would suggest just building the heaviest arrow I could to get it down to 280.Lots of advantages with that much arrow weight slamming through the other arrows and cutting through the wind on a 3-d course.

Plus,you will carry the yardage better if you misjudge a little.Tom Crowe shoots ALL his 3-d bows on 80#'s and shoots as heavy an arrow as heneeds to get the 280for those very reasons and he is a senior pro.(Atleast when I shot with him 5-6 years ago,that is what he was doing)

You could shoot some thick walled aluminum arrows to get that kind of speed and have a very durable and consistant 3-d arrow.Or high foc carbons but it is up to you to do whatever you want but there are advantages with heavy arrows,even in 3-d.

I would suggest an archery ballistics program to play around with numbers to get the arrow choice narrowed down for you.

Not suggesting going with 60# limbs would have any ill effects,just some more food for thought.[8D]

Quick Reply: What to do with "Old" limbs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.