Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

boots

Old 02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: boots

cabelas goretexscentlok silent stalker sneaker.very comfortable, waterproof and affordable
Old 02-03-2008, 08:29 PM

I use the ROCKY snake boots and love them.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rob,they are are fairly warm and I get really cold feet,to the point I have to change my socks in stand on cold days to keep from freezing,regardless of the boot I wear.My feet just sweat[:'(].

I don't know if they have anything in them for warmth,can't remember ever seeing it advertised.

They are fine to about 30 deg or so for me,then I have the shields in my pack.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Spike

I wear Rocky Buckstalker 1000 gram rubber boots with zippers on the side.. I have put many miles on them and they have held up well. Even with the 1000 gram I still wear slip over insulatedbootsif the weather is cold and I plan on staying in my stand all day, Comforable but heavy. I will probably be looking for another pair of bootsfor this fall. haven't decided which kind yet.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

TFOX, MeanV,

So the Dream Season boots are not warm? I was looking at them. Do they at all come with thinsulate or any colder weather wear?
Rob, They are not really designed for super Cold weather, but they worked great for me down to 20 degrees.

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Any rubber boots you'd recommend with..say..14" height? Maybe 15"?
Seems most are 17"-18" height...at least from what I've seen in the few catologues I have.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

TFOX:

If you get a chance.......trust me on this.....get a pair of the nice Mucks. I used to have the same problem....but with these boots I don't. I have the uninsulated Lacrosse and the 1200 gram pair.

The Mucks are warmer than the 1200 gram Lacrosse.....because my feet don't sweat. My feet don't sweat in regular boots......shoes....etc....but they DO in the Lacrosse. They don't in the mucks. I wore them in hot and cold weather, here (down to 20's). No issues.

My shop owner wears his around, indoors, in his shop sometimes. They're a good pair of boots.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

This year I started wearing Calcutta hip boots. They greatly improved my hunting in the low areas, but I do a lot of walking. I hate not being able to cross water. I’ve worn swamp boots for quite a few years now and felt I needed them a bit higher, so that I could go more places. They fold down pretty nicely when you don’t need them up to the hips also.
The Calcutta’s have a neoprene liner, which I’ve found to be really warm. Probably the same as a 1200-gram swamp boot. I wear them over wool pants in the really cold temps and I stay really warm.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have uninsulated Mucks and they are very comfortable, but my feet did get cold in them this late season. I need to get a good pair of cold weather Gore Tex boots anyway, so that is just another piece of ammo to bring up to the wife when telling her I'm getting them.

The Mucks are very good boots.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:40 AM

i like the danner 1,000 gram very warm. Plus i just looked on cabelas web site. They are regularly 200 right now they are like $129!

Quick Reply: boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.