Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have any of you seen one of these? >

Have any of you seen one of these?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have any of you seen one of these?

Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Have any of you seen one of these?

DNR here in Ga says we dont have them either. HORSE HOCKEY, I saw one 3 years ago hunting at Clarks Hill. Somebody said something about hair standing on your neck, no, every hair on my body was standing. I was bow hunting alone on some Core of Engineer property, a mile in. It was an evening hunt, and I will say I did not want to make that walk back to the truck. I also didnt really believe about sightings around here, and really dont bring it up because people think you are full of it.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Armybowhunter28

There is a show on the history channel called monster quest and they have a show about giant cats and how the lepord had started to move in to arizona. And they had one story about a giant black cat up in the PA area.
Thats funny cause my father-in-law is from the mountains(State College,Pa) area and he has old pictures of a black mountain lion in there driveway! PGC....
Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
neb
Typical Buck

In N Dak they started a season on cat. They can take 5 cats in the west and no limit in the east. The cat sighting are pretty common there. They always get the limit right away. I have seen one myself while I was in the breaks and they are some animal to see in the wild.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Fork Horn

here in Missouri, I think there are like 11 or 13 documented road kills. From what I understand they all traveled from the Dakota's "via" Nebraska, I dont buy that story. I have never seen one but down in the Ozark area I think they could live and never be seen. Also if they could travel here all those miles from Dakota's, then east coast is not impossible to reach.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Dominant Buck

I won a hunt at an outfitters out in the PA Allegany mountains several years back with a then semi popular prostaff girl. The outfitter had screwed up and didn't have stands enough for everyone, always ready me had carried my climber. Anyway, they put a video crew and this gal prostaffer in a favored location. They saw nothing for two days. Then the next morning they're in the same stand and caught a smell f something. They notices what appeared to be a deer leg on the ground. The camera zoomed in and said it's more than a leg. When they got down they found a very large doe who had been chewed on quite a bit. The chewer then carefully raked leaves and limbs over the top of the deer to hide it. The guide said Cougar. He said, oh yeah, we've seen them before. Maybe there are none in PA.... but the guide had us convinced.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

BETTER LOCK YOUR DOORS AND DON’T TAKE OUT THE TRASH In Findlay Illinois.[/align]

Thank GOD for the plate glass in the door! And, wouldn't
this mess up your whole night if you were to take out the
trash at the wrong time?
These are from a guy outin Findlay ,Illinois .The
pictures were taken from his kitchen onto his patio deck.
The critter was watching his little kids playing on the
kitchen floor!
Findlay is about 25 miles South of Dalton City between
Westervelt and Sullivan. IDNR has introduced these in
Shelby County to manage the deer herd, but claims that
the animals will not harm humans

[/align][/align]