Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have any of you seen one of these? >

Have any of you seen one of these?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have any of you seen one of these?

Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Have any of you seen one of these?

ORIGINAL: Splitear_Leland

Here in Illinois the state says that there are no large cats. There are just to many reports, pictures, and carcasses for that to be true. It's amazing to me how they can find a dead cougar, and still say that they don't live in the state.
Here where Im from, a buddy of mine went to put his wife in her treestand one morning, he just happened to look in the mud by her stand and saw a big paw print. Didn't know what to think of it, so he had a Conservation Officer come check it out- CO said it was a cougar track.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:07 PM

Why dident you shoot it.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Supposedly one was caught on a trail camera on the property next to where I hunt, in northern WI. I havent seen the pictures but my land owner has. Kinda scary
Old 02-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

Why dident you shoot it.
Thats what i was thinking
Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

my old man has seen one straight across the mississippi from STL city, he could see the river from his stand. the cat was later hit on railroad tracks about 5 miles from where he saw it
Old 02-03-2008, 06:12 PM

Why do some say shoot it? It belongs here just as much as you or the deer. There have been a couple of sightings here in MN, I am good friends with a local game warden who has a lot of evidence the they are around but the MNDNR is trying to keep it hush, hush to avoid panic. As long as there are not too many of them and are not becoming a problem I think there is no problem that they are around. There was talk of a sighting a couple of miles from my cabin. Sure it makes you think a little more but we cannot kill everything we fear, that's why there are hardly any grizzly's or wolve's left.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:27 PM

bump
Old 02-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Spike

First, I would like to thank you guys for not beating me up on this post. I sure appreciate you all not calling me a liar orBS'er. I am not, nor will I ever be, one of those. I believe anyone has the right to their opinion and of course you know what mine was before I saw it. I didn't believe.Even though I have heard storiesof someone knowing someone that had seen them in this area that wasn't enough for me. I was just hoping to hear from any other who may have seen one,especially in PA. It is quite the feeling isn't it jkcmerg and okbowhunter!

As far as this thread being calledworthless, I think that is an unfair statement. I realize that without some kind of hard evidence there is no proof, only my word. Heck, according to thatwe wouldn't even be able to talk about that big buck or anything elsewe haveseen if you didn't have any pictures of it.

As for why didn't I shoot it:

1. For the same reason I didn't shoot that buck Iwas talking about in my original post.It passed through the same opening that the buck did andthe shot was not there. It was too far away with no opportunity to shoot anyway. Approx 50/55 yds.
2. I was in shock and awe. I never even removed my bow from its hanger.
3. To the best of my knowledgeit is againstPA law to shoot one, even though they don't exist here. I have to admit though,I wasn't standing there thinking that at the time. I most likelywouldn't have shot it anyway. I do wish I had my camera which I rarely carry with me while hunting,but most always while not hunting.

BTBowhunter, let me know if youget anything on your trail cams. I know a lot of people can make little things into big things.You wouldn't believe how many harmless snakes are Copperheads.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

A guy from here in Missouri had a picture of a very large cat on his trail camera...I'll see if I can link it up on here?

On that same note,our neighbor on the back side of our Farm got 2 pictures of a large cat on her digital camera.I'm still trying to get a copy of the pic from her Sister In-law that saw it too.Every time I think about when I was walking home in the dark from way out in the woods by myself I get the chills thinking about that Big Cat. [&:]

As far as shooting one of those Mountain Lions/Cougars you better check up on your State Laws...most will state that if there is not a Hunting Season for them you could be in serious trouble for shooting one if it isn't in self-defense or protecting your property!
Old 02-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope this link works?

Forget it...I'm a Computer Dummy! [:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.