Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have any of you seen one of these? >

Have any of you seen one of these?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have any of you seen one of these?

Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Have any of you seen one of these?

But,

Old 02-03-2008, 05:54 AM

I'm not from PA, but were not "supposed to have them in Wi either. One day this fall, I was out grouse hunting on a trail I have hunted for 6 yrs. I came around a corner and up the trail from me something caught my eye. About 75 yards ahead of me I saw two "cats" playng in the middle of the trail. I froze. Second guessing what I was looking at. I watched them for about 5 min until I occured to me that "mamma" may be around. And if Mamma cats were anything like Mamma bears, I figured I'd better get the heck out of there. I told some friends and family about what I had seen and the sort of brushed it off, but I know what I saw.

2 weeks later, my son and I were driving down a back road about a 1/4 mile from that spot and we both seen mamma crossing the road. I still hunt in the area but I pay a bit more attention to my surroundings.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the believers club...now you know what people that have seen big foot feel like...Just because someone says there aren't any big cats in Pa. doesn't mean they're right. Michigan is the same way, no cougars here..LOL
Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no doubt that we havea few. I also have no doubt that most sightings are overreactions or cases of "seeing what one wants to believe".

Silverfox, please don'tassume I mean you didn't see one. I tend tobe more trusting and believing of the guys like youwho were very skeptical till they actually saw something. People who want desperately to see something, often eventually do.

I'm actually going to a friend of my mothers home today as a favor to set a few trail cams to catch "the big cat" she has behind her home that she's sure is a cougar. I'm bettingthat if I get anything it'll be a bobcat.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in WV the state says we dont have any I personally havent saw one but know of a few people who have and these people are straight up and do not lie period. That being said we dont have any but it is illegal to kill one according to regulations.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Spike

Lived in Potter County for nine years and know of many local people who have seen mountain lions in that part of the state. Four years ago I cut some tracks in the snow that were not made by a bob cat.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

SF, how close did it get to you? That sure would make me anxious hunting those woods again.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

Here in NE we weren't supposed to have them until a guy videotapped one eating a deer, since then there have been several sightings and pictures, and even 1 or 2 hit on the highway. There have actually been 2 sightings of black bears in NE too. They have pictures of both of them.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't believe anything the PA Game Commision say's. The PGC is going down the tubes!!! I believe you Silver Fox!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Here in Illinois the state says that there are no large cats. There are just to many reports, pictures, and carcasses for that to be true. It's amazing to me how they can find a dead cougar, and still say that they don't live in the state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.