HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ATTN: Dealers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/230354-attn-dealers.html)

mr4pt 02-02-2008 07:49 AM

ATTN: Dealers

I am going to post an encounter I had with one of my local bowshops. I hope none of you guys are like this. Warning: Long read ahead

It has been 10 years since I bought my last bow, a Reflex Xtreme. Last fall I started shooting the new bows, everything from the Gaurdian to the X Force. Man it's harder now to buy a new bow than it was 10 years ago, so many choices. After I shot the X Force with th 60# limbs I knew I had my bow. I had shot the 70# limbs the day before and the difference was daylight and dark. The 60# X Force was the best of the best...the 70# was middle of the pack. So with that in mind there was only one place in NW Arkansas that is a PSE Pro Dealer and it is in Fayetteville, AR, 25 miles south of me. When I walked in, there was a game warden talking to the guy behind the counter. I listened in to them talk and waited patiently. Keep in mind I was there for one reason only, to spend about $800 with them, I had the money in my pocket. This is how the conversation went...

Dealer: Hey bud, is there anything I can help you with?

4pt: Do you have an X Force with 60# limbs in stock?

Dealer: I don't have one with 60# limbs, how about a 70# bow.

4pt: Nah, I want a 60# X Force, can you order me one?

Dealer: You don't want that bow, have you shot the Allegience?

4pt: Yeah, I shot it, liked it but I am set on the X Force.

Dealer: If all you are after is speed, why don't you get a crossbow, they are legal here in Arkansas you know. All you speed freaks should just shoot crossbows....hahaha

4pt: Crossbow huh? Ok, I'll consider that...{as I walked out the door} Is there another PSE dealer in the area? {which I knew there wasn't one closer than Joplin, MO}

This is the second bowshop in NW Arkasas that I have witnessed this at first hand, the first was one in Springdale that if you didn't buy a Mathews you were considered second rate. Now this guy wants to sell me everything except what I was wanting.

I don't know how much dealers make on a new bow sale, but I was willing to pay retail price, that day, no questions asked.

Ok, done biatchin.....

Bailsuk 02-02-2008 08:06 AM

RE: ATTN: Dealers

Hey mr4pt,

im glad somebody else likes the X-force, I'm looking at Getting one myself , 60# bow and will set it 54# at first , cuz i here they feel heavier than they actually are to draw .

Hope you get better luck elsewhere :)

MOhunter46 02-02-2008 08:08 AM

Man that sucks. Did you find another dealer?

mr4pt 02-02-2008 08:10 AM

I shot just about every "Top of the line" bow that there was to offer around here. The X Force with the 60# limbs was clearly the cream of the crop. The 70# X Force did not even feel like the same bow. I cannot imagine what could be improved on the 60# X Force.

But keep in mind, it has been 10 years since I shot any new bows....I am going from a 10 year old Reflex to the X Force. Kinda like going from a mule to a Cadillac.

mr4pt 02-02-2008 08:11 AM

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

Man that sucks. Did you find another dealer?
Not yet, I got until mid-summer to get one. There is a PSE Proshop in Joplin, MO about an hour north and one in Fort Smith, AR, about an hour south.

Bailsuk 02-02-2008 08:11 AM

LOL , that good huh

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-02-2008 08:53 AM

ORIGINAL: mr4pt

I shot just about every "Top of the line" bow that there was to offer around here. The X Force with the 60# limbs was clearly the cream of the crop.
IMO.

For you. IMO. ;)

Anyway. That's a sad conversation. I would have given the guy a little harder time. I would have pulled the money out of my pocket and said, I guess your not in business to make money. That's a shame, I have this money to spend and you don't want to sell me the bow I want. Have a good day, bye!

Good luck in your plight.

Splitear_Leland 02-02-2008 09:21 AM

I shot the super short version yesterday, and you talk about a cool LITTLE! bow. But it was so small that I don't think I could keep from tourquing my wrist. It's like you are holding nothing.

MeanV2 02-02-2008 11:15 AM

As a dealer and Pro Shop owner for years. My philosophy was to let the customer buy what they wanted. If they ask for some advice, we were glad to giveour input after all that is what we were there for. If I didn't have what they wanted I would always try to get it for them. I'm with Rob! You should have taken a wad of bills out of your pocket and waved bye as you walked out the door;)

Dan

BlueRanger1 02-02-2008 11:28 AM

4pt I have to Highly recommend Mount George archery.They are just south of Dardanelle the
only bad thing is that its about hour1/2 from fort smith.I live about an hour away
from mount george and its well worth my drive.Fort smith is 30min away but the
shops there suck IMO.