HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   shooting from a stool (turkey hunters)?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/230312-shooting-stool-turkey-hunters.html)

bloodcrick 02-01-2008 07:19 PM

shooting from a stool (turkey hunters)??

Just curious, do most of you when shooting from a stool/camp chair,in a blind, prefer to shoot with knees forward and shoot from your side like when standing, or point knees toward target and shoot with bow between the legs?? I have tried both and dont get much difference either way. how about you?? does it affect your shooting??

GMMAT 02-01-2008 07:22 PM

RE: shooting from a stool (turkey hunters)??

I practiced my ass off from a seated position the whole preseason.......and the kill shot I made was from a knee......something I'd never envisioned.

I'll practice a LOT more out of the blind, this year.

mobow 02-01-2008 07:23 PM

knees 90* to the target, just like I were standing. Sometimes you have to shoot while kneeling as well. It's awefully difficult, and uncomfortable, to shoot w/ your knees pointed at the target. It's like your facing it straight on....

bloodcrick 02-01-2008 07:28 PM

Jeff,i never even thought about having to shoot from a knee, ill have to practice that ;)

Mobow my man, I can see where having to hold for a period of time shooting from between the knees would be a problem. to be honest with ya, when i shot my bird last year, i cant remember what position i was in other than seated :eek:i

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-01-2008 08:01 PM

Left knee down facing toward the target of just left, right leg to the right, foot on the ground, knee up with one ass cheek on the stool. (the right one).:D

Germ 02-01-2008 08:11 PM

I use a bucket with that swivel seat

mobow 02-01-2008 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Huh, I figured you would have just stood up...:D

burniegoeasily 02-01-2008 08:35 PM

I usually get out of the seat, if im using one, and go to my knees.

Rob/PA Bowyer 02-01-2008 09:02 PM

If you practice all the shooting, it's a stronger base when your on one knee rather than two. It's great to practice it all because you never know what position the birds catch you in. Also practice out of the blind, I know alot of guys who have shot the blind itself! Not mentioning any names.;)

Germ 02-01-2008 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Germ

Huh, I figured you would have just stood up...:D
man that was cold, I felt that one in MI:D

Look my buckeye is on top[:-]