Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 changing to fixed blades >

changing to fixed blades

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

changing to fixed blades

Old 02-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Spike

Default changing to fixed blades

I have been shooting rage 2 blade for the last 2 years and have really liked them.Cost is causing me to change to a broadhead that I can sharpen and reuse.I am looking at the magnus right now,but the cutting size is smaller than the rage.Am looking for suggestions and comments for my new broadhead.Iron mace 28' at 71lbs 298fps
Old 02-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: changing to fixed blades

total--I was very pleased with the Muzzy MX-3 three blade this year...they shot good groups and produced three clean kills for me with good entrance/exit holes.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 AM

i liked the strikers by g5
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM

The Magnus Snuffer ss have a life time guarentee but i dont know how they do in the field but from what ive read, they cant be beat. And they can be resharpend.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im also a G5 striker fan, extremley sharp...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crimson Talon XT's are awsome.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's a great time for bowhunters with all the quality choices available to us these days, that's for sure...

I just put my order in for 10 more packs of Muzzy MX-3s, as well as four more packs of replacement blades. 1 1/4" cutting diameter and super-strong .025" thick blades.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Choices, choices LOL. There are those that were already mentioned, muzzy, striker, crimson talon. There is also the slick trick. I am real interested in the new slick trick grizzly (I think that's the name).
Old 02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: totalcomfort

I have been shooting rage 2 blade for the last 2 years and have really liked them.Cost is causing me to change to a broadhead that I can sharpen and reuse.I am looking at the magnus right now,but the cutting size is smaller than the rage.Am looking for suggestions and comments for my new broadhead.Iron mace 28' at 71lbs 298fps
Go with the Magnus. I shoot the 3 blade 125 grain snuffer made by Magnus and love it. Easy to sharpen, very tough head, big cutting diameter (1 5/16). There blood trails are excellent, you won't be disappointed. There also very cheap, a 6 pack for under 30 dollars.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Just about any broadhead will cleanly kill a deer if you put it in the right place. What you need is a broadhead that can ensure that a marginal hit can still humanely kill a deer. Looks like you have a lot of K.E. (can't tell without arrow weight) so you should have a lot of choices.Take a look at the reviews on this site: http://thearchersedge.net/speak.html

Bob

Quick Reply: changing to fixed blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.