Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes >

Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

I wonder where it came from and where it may be going. Ah, it is so peaceful here. About 30 minutes later, I hear breaking the silence of my last hunt, the unmistakable sound of my wife's voice. It is not a welcome sound at all, but instead, the sound of a hurting heart, breaking the deaf stillness of my hunt. I know, I have only heard this sound come from my wife once since we have been married. It is time for me to get down from the tree, and fast. I begin to lower my bow frantically. Not fast enough. I throw my excess belongings to the ground. I begin my climb down. Not fast enough. I get unhooked from the harness and turn to jump onto the ground. My wife has screamed twice more and I scream back, "I'm coming." I leave the stand, grab my bow and run down the trail to my ATV. I jump on and take off as fast as I can. I reach my house and the wife meets me in the front yard. Crying hysterically. I ask what's wrong. She says, your Dad called... It's Brooke. I knew at that moment she was gone. She had passed away. Early twenties. Beautiful. Whole life ahead of her. Her life had been so troubled even from a baby, with parents who were drug abusers. She became an abuser as well. Gone. So young. Died in her sleep. I can find no purpose in this. She was my niece. I helped practically raise her. She used to sleep with me and my wife. So young. I remembered the little green butterfly, and I wondered where was it coming from and where did it go?

Guys, your prayers are needed. Our family is a wreck right now. Please remember us. Sorry so long. I just am heartbroke
wow im tearin up myself here man such a beautiful girl what a shame my prayers go out to your family
Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

Im sorry LT for your loss, ill pray for your neice.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers are with you and your family.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh man LTK, This is horrible news. It's very sad to here things like this and I can not imagine how you are dealing with it. Keep your head up buddy. Will keep you all in our prayers.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

It breaks my heart to hear of you losing your Niece that you cared so much for.....prayers sent out to You and Your Family TomKat.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear that man, you and your family is in our prayers

Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

LT, my prayers have been sent man. Hang in there man.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

God Bless you and yours! Sorry for the loss!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

LT, I don't know what to say. This really sucks bud!! We all know who that butterfly was, she was paying her respects to you big guy!! She loves her uncle with all her heart, she said her good bye's. Its easier said then done but your going to have to do the same as well, I'm praying for ya LT. God bless. If you need anything, PM me anytime!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tragic.... I don't even know what to say really, except what everyone else has been saying on here, Iwish you well and focus on the positive influences, of her all to short life.

Quick Reply: Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.