Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you. >

Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you.

As if I need another reason to consider HNI such a great place.

Our members here are second to none. The passion we all share for bowhunting and archery bring us all here to share, teach, learn, discover, pass along, inform, research, whine, and even bitch etc plus, build friendships. I've been coming to HNI for nearly 10 years now. I cannot remember when I first posted, I know it was pre 2000. I remember sharing Y2K here, so I'm thinking late 98, early 99. Back then when you posted, you only needed a email. I didn't have an email account so when I posted I put the contact email for HNI in the space requiring a email and my post would go. I have to laugh now that I took advantage of HNI.

There are many here that have a lower member # than I but not many. My member # is 3209. That would tell me that there are only 3208 older members but 80% of them are gone. Our newest member's number is 115041. Amazing.

Over those years I've made many, many friends and sure, managed to piss people off too. The thing is, for all the ones that I have pissed off, there is 100X that amount who make HNI what it is.

I'd like to point out a very recent one. Formerly rdy2hnt, now Brett/IL made a bow holder back in Sept. I particularly liked the look of it and like most, I commented in his thread how beatiful his work is. Not long after I got a PM and was asked if I would like one. Absolutely I would so I sent out my Bowtech sticker that came with my Allegiance because up to this point, I hadn't stuck it on my truck. I sent it out.

Today I was home for lunch, actually shooting my bow in the backyard, brrrrrr and tinkering in the basement, ate some wings left from last night and watched Jerry Springer.

I had to go back to work and I noticed a package leaning against my garage door. I didn't hear the delivery truck or mail carrier. HHhmmmmmm, even though I had to leave, back in the door I went to open it.

WOW, what a thing of beauty. I cannot wait to hang it and hang my newest 82nd Airborne on it.

I'd personally like to thank Brett, aka Brett/IL (rdy2hnt). Brett, thank you sir, you are a gentleman and I hope to take you up on the cold brews and steaks if and when I make southern IL. Until then, there will be a return package in the mail before long.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you.

WOW! That is REALLY COOL!! Very nice work....

Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

VERY cool!I have to say I belong to lots of forums but there is no place like HNI, truely some incredible guys and gals here.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

That's great. Awesome looking hanger. That Brett sure is a swell guy.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the kind words Rob. I too enjoy this place for all of the reasons you mentioned. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys/gals. Even though we all may not see eye to eye at times, everybody contiributes to making this the best hunting site around.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome job Brett. Some real good guys here on huntingnet for sure.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, nice work Brett. I used to go to school in C'dale, I've Elkville many times.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Splitear-What did you study? I studied Wildlife Biology, but own a furniture refinishing/restoration business[&:].
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice work Brett, looks great. This is a good site, I enjoy the chats with you guys too. I have been here since 04 and have made a few friendships that I wouldn't trade for the world. I will say that there are several awsome hunters on here that don't post much. You get to know a few of them thru pm's and such and you can really learn a ton and share some great hunts with each other.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

Man I love this place! I joined in oct. i think and this is honestly the first place i go when i get on the computer. Its so addicting! I've learned so much from you guys. that is a nice hanger also brett!

Quick Reply: Bowhunting, HNI, Kindship and a thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.