Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wolf Hunt, Vote Yes! >

Wolf Hunt, Vote Yes!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wolf Hunt, Vote Yes!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wolf Hunt, Vote Yes!

gottcha!!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Typical Buck

I think you need some serious tutoring about apex predators !!!

Wolves aren't just good targets, they are the key element in the foodchain.

you should try and read up on what went on at yellowstone park and you should consider that people like you made the wolf extinct in Europe.....

I voted no, sorry.....................

Frank Belgium
Old 02-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Typical Buck

Yes.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes!

Should the state of Wisconsin start a hunting season for timber wolves, which were recently removed from the Endangered Species list?

Yes, it's about time for a hunting season.

867 / 61%

No, the wolf population is just starting to regain a foothold.

430 / 30%

It's too early to make a decision; more information is needed.

114 / 8%

[Votes:1411]

[/align]

Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not knowing was probably the best vote for me; being from VA, but trusting hunters to know what is best, I think is a good idea. Hunters know that they can’t simply go out and kill them all, so they create seasons and bag limits to control the numbers.
I voted yes. Afterwards, the numbers looked like;

890 yes 62%
432 no 30%
114 unsure 8%

Good luck,
KP
Old 02-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

I think by the time a decent hunting season would be fixed on wolves or bag limits, most of those animals would be serving as mounts on a wall or rugs in front of the fireplace.
These guys make sure something as survival of the fittest takes part, that means the deer we hunt will be big and strong and not weak offspring of inbreed deer.
The wolves chase the deer and other herbivores around and kill only the weak or sick animals, leaving the rest to breed and get bigger !!!
Another thing wolves do by chasing the grazers is that plants and trees get a better chance to regrow after being grazed,some nationalparks in the USlost a lot of it's trees due to lack of big predators chasing around the rest.......

I may not be an american, I may not be living in a country that has wolves or try to say I know best but I think moving the wolves of the endangered list will get them extinct.
And I know telling the story to your grandchildren how you shot and hunted wolves is not the same as going out with them and showing them what a fine and magnificent animal this creature is....

No I am not PETA, and yes I try to hunt and I eat meat !!!!

Frank
Belgium
Old 02-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO because look what happened to our wolves in Scotland and plus they are true creatures of the wild that should be respected not killed.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Spike

I don't think this should even be open to out-of-staters. That poll doesn't mean squat now that we have skewed the results.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ollie085

I don't think this should even be open to out-of-staters. That poll doesn't mean squat now that we have skewed the results.
Well it is in a public forum.

What ever happened to being more multicultural?? hmm?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I means nothing if people like you and I get involved, but everybody who reads this will be making their mind up about it.
Take it from europeans, we killed of all our great predators and now we can go to the zoo if we want to watch them.
Have you ever been to a zoo and watch a grizzly walk from one side to the next side of his cage, his furr torn on one side from moving up and down against the bars ?
Or a wolf circling around in his enclosure, making a deep path where there should be grass ???

I envy you people so much and to hear you talk about this like it's just another vermin getting it ready to be lined up and shot,makes me feel sick to my stomach....

Sorry.......

Frank
Belgium

Quick Reply: Wolf Hunt, Vote Yes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.