Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6) >

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

This kinda reminds me of theclassic storyof how someone accidentally killed someone else but then tried to cover it upand get busted. It's really hard to prove you had no intention ofmurder now isn't it?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Honest mistakes do not a poacher make. If, as he says , he bought that tag every year up till now maybe they should cut him some slack. I'm not gonna say any more till the story unravels over time
Old 01-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Incorrect. If he was honest and realized his honest mistake, he wouldn't have bought a license the next day then tagged it as that day's kill. At 9:44a.m. when he bought the license (the morning after he shot the buck) was when it no longerremained an honest mistake. It was then that he'd decided he was going to follow through with breaking the very law that he may not have originally intended to break. When he tagged the deer, he followed through and sealed the deal. If you follow the sequence of events, this guy did NOT make an honest mistake.
Where did you read it said he tagged it as the next day kill? He claimed to have shot it the night before and found it the next day. The article read it was only after the DNR did the search the discovered he bought the license the day after he claimed to kill it. If it was delibrite, wouldn't he have claimed to have shot it at noon the day of buying his license?

This kinda reminds me of theclassic storyof how someone accidentally killed someone else but then tried to cover it upand get busted. It's really hard to prove you had no intention ofmurder now isn't it?
Wow that makes sense. Murder and shooting a deer are equal?
Old 01-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

If he never shot the buck, it would would not be likely he would have baught a licence!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man what a buck, i agree, stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

If it was delibrite, wouldn't he have claimed to have shot it at noon the day of buying his license?
How can the entire (not just the mistake of shooting the buck in the first place) not be deliberate? You seem to be suggesting that he went through all the motions of (in this exact order) killing, then buying the license, then tagging the deer... unintentionally. You also seem to be the only one that thinks this guy might have done all this accidentally.

Murder and shooting a deer are equal?
Analogy man, analogy. Don't take it out of context and confuse the situation. But hey, if you didn't understand it the first time around then well...

Look, it's obvious what happened:

1) Hunter shot deer,

2) realized hedidn't have a license (still not so bad at this point)

3) went to buy a license the next day(situation worsening but there's still a chance to come clean)

4) then he tagged the deer and brought it home (deed complete)
Old 01-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Honest mistakes do not a poacher make.
I agree if it would've ended right there when he realized he was unlicensed.

He became a poacher when he registered the deer and brought it home.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Curious if this was his first hunt of the year or had been out times before. No excuse as purchasing license is one of the preparations for hunting season.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Typical Buck

What a dumb %#*^!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Look, it's obvious what happened:

1) Hunter shot deer,

2) realized hedidn't have a license (still not so bad at this point)

3) went to buy a license the next day(situation worsening but there's still a chance to come clean)

4) then he tagged the deer and brought it home (deed complete)
What exactly is he suppose to do if he truely did make the mistake and forget torenew his license? I for one would have done exactly what he did if I made that mistake. As already pointed out, he claimed to have shot the deer the day before. If he really was dishonest he would have claimed the sameday. There is no way in haties I would ever go to the man with this mistake. I would roll the dice and beg forgiveness later. Like I said, I hope someone follows up with the story of the outcome of this whole ordeal. I can truely see something like this ocurring. I have a hard time believing someone would try to duck a $15 license, even for a one day hunt.
Curious if this was his first hunt of the year or had been out times before. No excuse as purchasing license is one of the preparations for hunting season.
It's a good question except if you stick to what's writen, it's easy to believe he found out his old one expiredafter he shot the deer. I'm not sure how things are licensed up there but here I have 4 different expiration dates on one of my state's license. That's 4 different types of outdoor sports. To me that's goofy and really sets up the above scenario if your not carefull enough. The whole thing should expire on the sameday.

Quick Reply: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.