Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Octane accesories....Updated with price list. post # 8 >

Octane accesories....Updated with price list. post # 8

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Octane accesories....Updated with price list. post # 8

Old 01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Octane accesories....

ORIGINAL: stevezt4

Wow! not going with octane!
Agreed. I'm not made of money.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

When i seen these prices my wallet ran and hid
Old 01-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that stuff is high.[&:]
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM

im kinda sick of these prices,
i mean we spen the 800 dollars on the bow now were supposed to pay 140 bucks for the quiver, 110 for the stabilizer, 100 for the rest, 120 for the arrows that is 1400 dollars! Sorry not doing it, its only a deer
Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

ORIGINAL: MOhunter46

When i seen these prices my wallet ran and hid
LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted in another thread regarding the prices of these accessories. While I don't want to type as much as I did in that thread, I'll try to sum it up quickly. For starters, those are SUGGESTED RETAIL prices. No shop that I know of charges SRP. I think you will find the prices are in line with accessories offered by Mathews and Fuse (Hoyt), just to name a couple.

I understand money being tight as much as anyone. I own a small business, have a wife, and two kids. Having said that, the benefits that machined aluminum offers over plastic are worth the extra cost. I have owned far too many plastic accessories, especially quivers, that broke in the middle of season. If you spend the better part of both deer and turkey seasons in the woods with your bow, where your extra money went will become apparent when you are not fighting, cracks, stripped screws and straight up breakages.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Exactly, Brett.

There's a huge difference between price and cost, as Brett pointed out. We spoke to this point in the thread he alluded to above: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2596534

Someone mentioned earlier about not minding the fact they paid $40 for a quiver -- yet readily admitted they were on their third one... If my math is correct, that choice has cost them $120 so far, and they still have a $40 quiver. I learned while in undegraduate school to start buying quality clothing when I couldn't really afford to. It saved me SO much money in the long run... I still have many of those dress shirts hanging in my closet today -- nearly 20 years later. You couldn't pick one up and tell the difference between them and the ones I've bought in the last five years; it definitely pays to buy quality.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

I posted in another thread regarding the prices of these accessories. While I don't want to type as much as I did in that thread, I'll try to sum it up quickly. For starters, those are SUGGESTED RETAIL prices. No shop that I know of charges SRP. I think you will find the prices are in line with accessories offered by Mathews and Fuse (Hoyt), just to name a couple.

I understand money being tight as much as anyone. I own a small business, have a wife, and two kids. Having said that, the benefits that machined aluminum offers over plastic are worth the extra cost. I have owned far to many plastic accessories, especially quivers, that broke in the middle of season. If you spend the better part of both deer and turkey seasons in the woods with your bow, where your extra money went will become apparent when you are not fighting, cracks, stripped screws and straight up breakages.
I get your point but dang that stuff is high
Old 01-31-2008, 07:33 PM

i can definately see your point
Old 01-31-2008, 09:15 PM

The quiver is the only thing that I see as high priced, and honestly, its not really that much more than the other "top end" quivers. Most regular Doinker stabilizers are in the $60 range, and that is for a 7" stabilizer. Alot of arrow rests are in the $75-$95 range now, and the Trophy Ridge, Fuse, and Mathews quivers can be up there towards the $100 mark.

Like others have said, these products won't be for everybody, but contrary to how some people think, I believe that if I am going to drop $750-$800 on a brand new bow, I am not going to skimp out on the accessories just to save a few bucks. Heck, I have been figuring out exactly how much my new bow is going to cost and how much the accessories will cost. I am going to have around $785 for the bow, and another $700 for sight, rest, quiver, soft case, release, stabilizer, peep sight, wrist sling, and arrows! Its not cheap, but I am buying the bow because of the amazing performance and I want my accessories to help maximize that.

Quick Reply: Octane accesories....Updated with price list. post # 8

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.