HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Whats up with this show? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229884-whats-up-show.html)

killadoe 01-30-2008 11:43 AM

Whats up with this show?

Hunting the World Southern Style? If this has been talked about or beaten to death Mods feel free to remove it.

Anyways I set it to record on my DVR the other day (not knowing what it was all about) and man they got dudes rapping and they talking weird, the dude shot a buck and I think he hit a tree then did a follow up while the deer was running. What is your guys take on this show? I am on the fence with this one.

PS. Not all southern people are like that....

buckmaster 01-30-2008 11:48 AM

RE: Whats up with this show?

i made a post the other day about the song, i kinda love it!

If you shoot a deer and wound it, and have the opportunity to follow up, i think you should take any oppertunity for a follow up shot, though i did not see the hunt your talking about

GMMAT 01-30-2008 11:51 AM

If you shoot a deer and wound it, and have the opportunity to follow up, i think you should take any oppertunity for a follow up shot
Thank you. I agree.

killadoe 01-30-2008 11:52 AM

My concern wasnt so much about the follow up shot I have done that before, also i guess it could have been his muzzle blast that made the limb shake as he shot. Kind of a catchy song huh, just something new and my brain hasnt really registered it yet...

Beezer 01-30-2008 02:40 PM

I haven't seen this show yet. But, if anyone would like to see one along those lines they can just come out to my place any weekend during gun season. We got trucks (Z-71s only please), dogs, beer, dip or chaw (whichever you prefer), shotguns, and lots of camo. And best of all.........More rednecks than a combined Tractor Pull/Demolition Derby/Mud bog...which is usually what it turns into about 3pm.

pm69442 01-30-2008 02:41 PM

With the introduction of digital tv to the general public and the addition of all of those EXTRA CHANNELS there was a noticeable LACK of shows to fill that airtime once those channels went on the market. (Satellite/Cable/doesn't matter).
Coupled with the LACK of shows is the difference in the quality of production that is not normally 'BROADCAST' quality and also has been learned on the job to fill a particular production 'need'-----add to the equation every 2 bit, backwoods, boo lipped, green toothed, red headed step child who can now afford a video camera and thinks they are now 'producers'.
To top all of this off is the difference of opinion in what REALLY DOES constitute 'good programming/footage and VOILA!= bad outdoor tv shows.
You say to-may-toe/I say too-mah-toe

But I wouldn't care if his rap song was kind of catchy-----leave the rap in the 'hood cause it don't belong in the woods. (ba duhm) yeah/posing

smokems 01-30-2008 04:30 PM

I dont have dvr and 5:30 comes too early to stay up that late to watch it. I was up a couple of weeks ago and caught part of one, it didnt seem too bad. I would probably watch it if it were on earlier.