Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bag targets.....All the same? >

Bag targets.....All the same?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bag targets.....All the same?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bag targets.....All the same?

Another vote for the Morrell Outdoor Range target. I have had one for over a year that gets shot by 5 people on a daily basis and it is holding up great. I'll need a new cover soon, but the target itself is fine.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

thats probably my group im most proud of Tony. almost posative that was 40yds. if not it was 30 for sure...dont ask my why the arrow holding up the bow has a broadhead on it(know i wasnt shooting BHs at my bag...maybe i was fine tuning that day and BH tuning)

...yep, a tad low and a hair left for sure...nother proud moment is hitting that same bullseye at 67yds on my 3rd arrow...had a ton of spectators that day..it was at a fun shoot at a 3d shoot other 2 arrows fell just low...3rd i put right in the center...the guys were amazed...a punk 20yo kid shooting a hunting bow drilled it while the bigshots wouldnt even fling an arrow at it...funny how much lower my arrows fell..pretty sure i had atleast a 50yd pin dialed in, maybe even my 60...that 17 or 7yd difference was a good foot or so of arrow drop....just runs outta gas when you get out that far..
Old 01-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

what about a bale of cardboard boxes fresh out of the compactor, has anybody ever tried that??
I asked about this last year and most of the guys said it could ruin my arrows .....
I've built targets similar, but build my own compressor to compress the material being used. As a matter of fact I built all the Targeat at my shop (12 lanes) with this type of setup using sound board and it worked great. No arrow damage there.

As long as you didn't shoot one of the all threads![8D]

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

what about a bale of cardboard boxes fresh out of the compactor, has anybody ever tried that??
I asked about this last year and most of the guys said it could ruin my arrows .....
I've built targets similar, but build my own compressor to compress the material being used. As a matter of fact I built all the Targeat at my shop (12 lanes) with this type of setup using sound board and it worked great. No arrow damage there.

Dan
Dan, what about a bundle from a store that the cardboard isn't really stacked perfectly?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Dan, what about a bundle from a store that the cardboard isn't really stacked perfectly?
Sorry Tony! No real experience with that.

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Outdoor Range from Morell as well. Suspended outside with two ratchet straps around a roofed in stand. Keeping the bag suspended helps with energy absorption imho. I've never buried an arrow even up to half the length of the shaft yet after ~8 months of use.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use the 'Rag Bag' from Third Hand Archery. I love it. Simply fill it with old cloths and forget about it. It is light enough to shoot outside during the summer, and move it in the basement for some winter shooting. I haven't sent thousands (and thousands) of arrows at it without a passthrough. And you can't beat the price.

If the thing ever wears out, I wouldn't hesitate to get another one. JMO of course.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

I have one called the Pro Magnum I've owned for several years. Not even sure if the company who made it still exists anymore. Best bag target I've ever seen anywhere. I finally broke down and bought a Morell because I cannot find one like my old one....not the range target but the one under it. Not a bad target but not nearly as good as my old one was.

IMO a good bag target is the only way to go for shooting field points! As in most things you have to spend more money for a good bag target. The cheap ones are little more than junk.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I have one called the Pro Magnum I've owned for several years. Not even sure if the company who made it still exists anymore. Best bag target I've ever seen anywhere. I finally broke down and bought a Morell because I cannot find one like my old one....not the range target but the one under it. Not a bad target but not nearly as good as my old one was.

IMO a good bag target is the only way to go for shooting field points! As in most things you have to spend more money for a good bag target. The cheap ones are little more than junk.
Cougar, I have a Pro Stop Magnum and it is a great bag target. I tried toorder one for a customer the other day and didn't have any luck. If they are not around anymore that's a Shame

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Cougar, I have a Pro Stop Magnum and it is a great bag target. I tried to order one for a customer the other day and didn't have any luck. If they are not around anymore that's a Shame

Dan
Dan, I don't remember how long ago I bought mine but I bought it from Draves Archery when his shop was still at their home before moving it to Effingham. It is a shame, great target.

Quick Reply: Bag targets.....All the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.