Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I need a new rest and quiver >

I need a new rest and quiver

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I need a new rest and quiver

Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 AM

Default I need a new rest and quiver

I just bought a new Hoyt Katera and i am going to use my old stabilizer but all i need now is to see what arrow rest and quiver to get.
I like the Fuse's quiversbut they seem expensive at 85 dollars.
I also thought of going with a ripcord rest.
Any thoughts would be appreciated and if you have a betterproduct let me know
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: I need a new rest and quiver

I think the Fuse product line is a pretty good one. Are there cheaper accessories? For sure, but IMO you get what you pay for.

I had a ripcord on my Hoyt Trykon and had no problems with it.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would rather spend the money on a quality quiver than deal with a lack of quality to save a couple of $$.As far rests goes the ripcord is a good rest and certainly has it's following, but I think the Limb Driver is the best on the market

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2
I think the Limb Driver is the best on the market
x2, you can't go wrong with it.

edit: do you shoot with your quiver on, or off?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM

I'd recomend the Alpine quiver. It pops on very easily and off also if you prefer to shoot without it. They have a screw-in holder to attach your quiver to a tree.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rest - Whammy
Quiver - Hoyt Quick Detach.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 PM

Do I shoot with my quiver on or off? Good question, it just depends i had a 2 piece hoyt quiver previously and in a tree stand i would take out the arrows and secure them. But if i had a removable quiver I would probably take it off. I like the way the fuse's look for sure! I have never shot a drop away, im still liking my nap 3000 prong rest, just seems to do it for me. I am looking at the drop aways and i just want something easy to draw on. I shot a trophy taker and it felt like the arrow was going to fall off as i drew but it never did , just didnt like the feel.

By the way, the bow shop called and said they ordered the bow, turns out the also had one in stock so I went and picked it up!!! Looks great just waiting till tomorrow to get it set up!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stevezt4

Do I shoot with my quiver on or off? Good question, it just depends i had a 2 piece hoyt quiver previously and in a tree stand i would take out the arrows and secure them. But if i had a removable quiver I would probably take it off. I like the way the fuse's look for sure! I have never shot a drop away, im still liking my nap 3000 prong rest, just seems to do it for me. I am looking at the drop aways and i just want something easy to draw on. I shot a trophy taker and it felt like the arrow was going to fall off as i drew but it never did , just didnt like the feel.

By the way, the bow shop called and said they ordered the bow, turns out the also had one in stock so I went and picked it up!!! Looks great just waiting till tomorrow to get it set up!
I'd go with a quiver from bohning, or something simmilar. They look good, and don't hurt the pocket book, as much. If your shooting w/o a quiver on anyway, no need to spend so much it's just holding arrows. Just my opinion.

If you can get access to one, I can't recommend a limbdriver enough. I was in the same boat, not real sure it was the right route. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't, sooner. Take a good look at them.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: stevezt4

I just bought a new Hoyt Katera and i am going to use my old stabilizer but all i need now is to see what arrow rest and quiver to get.
I like the Fuse's quiversbut they seem expensive at 85 dollars.
I also thought of going with a ripcord rest.
Any thoughts would be appreciated and if you have a betterproduct let me know
Alpine makes great quivers for anywhere from $25-$50+.........The Bearclaw is real nice for $25. Bohning makes nice quivers as well again ranging in price.........some as low as $15-$20.

Rests??...........if want a drop away the Ripcord is nice, Limbsaver has a drop away out I saw on a guys bow recently and it was working VERY well..........nice and quiet. I have also seen the Whisper Flight from Alpine work very well.

Non drop I would recommend the WB of course for hunting.

Good Luck.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:55 AM
Spike

I prefer Fuse's quivers.

Quick Reply: I need a new rest and quiver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.