Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 No sheds BUT two dead heads UPDATE-SCORE >

No sheds BUT two dead heads UPDATE-SCORE

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

No sheds BUT two dead heads UPDATE-SCORE

Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default No sheds BUT two dead heads UPDATE-SCORE

My two sons have been bugging me about getting them back out in the woods to look for early sheds or dead heads. They got out of school early today and begged me to take them. Thereare two smallwoods within eyeshot of the house that had a great bunch of batchlor bucks back in the summer in the fields around them.Well some have heard me say that EHD had did a # on our heard. The bucks seemed to just dissapear and we susspected that some had died in the two wood lots that i had permission to hunt. two minutes in the search my 8 year old Tanner struck gold with a decent two year old still in half velvet. An hour later in the other woods Dalton hit it big with a Dandy 10 point in half velvet, it has about 3" of antler chewed off each point [&o]I knew this buck the minute i seen him, we had watched this buck many times from the hwy and from afar through a spotting scope at our house. earlier i had found an 8 point in the field just outside of these woods, and another high 120's to low 130's across the hwy. So in all we found 4 bucks ourselves there and a friend had found two p&y bucks across the hwy earlier also, thats six dead bucks and four being p&y quality []thought you might enjoy the pics. There are tornado warnings out and some nasty weather on the way, we always find antler when these warnings are out, whats up with that??
UPDATE::buckeye you ask for it, the big ten had some major points chewed off and grossed 136 3/8" I estimated 17 6/8" of chewed points that would put him at 153 6/8" Gross
The 10 point i had found this summer (NOT IN THE PICS) went alot more than i thought it would, it taped out at 140 4/8" Gross
Thanks for the words everyone, i think my shed hunting is going to be futile this year, but ill still get out there and mabey find some more dead heads anyway, im calling o finds on the sheds for me this year, we will see.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No sheds BUT two dead heads

Nice finds... Did you put a tape on the 10?

Hopefully your herd rebounds from the EHD fast.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Spike

That's a good find.. and happy kid's!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:33 PM

Dan, nice finds! It's ashame that your herd was hit so hard with EHD. That 10 pointer is a really nice buck! I hope your herd rebounds from this soon.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:37 PM

Cool, but what a shame.....Neat to find them, but shooting them would have been so much sweeter. Hopefully that's it for a while now, and yer alls herd can rebound.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Damn shame blood. Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice find but at a severe price I'd say. Hope that herd rebounds.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, I think I might go shed hunting, oh wait, we have like 4 feet of snow![:@]
Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Those are some good looking dead heads, I took my two kids the other day they had lots of fun even though we didnt find any sheds.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a shame. It hit our area pretty bad too.

Quick Reply: No sheds BUT two dead heads UPDATE-SCORE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.