HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Clue me in...A/C/C's (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229687-clue-me-c-cs.html)

MGH_PA 01-29-2008 11:32 AM

RE: Clue me in...A/C/C's

I switched to ACCs this past season with my new Ross, and loved them. Shooting 3-49s 27.5" arrow with 100 grain points and blazers as well. Not to hijack, but how do you calculate FOC?

GMMAT 01-29-2008 11:32 AM

27.5"

Like I said.....my setup accomodates this arrow just fine.

Matt/TN 01-29-2008 11:34 AM

Thanks guys, the 3-49's seem to fit the bill. Thanks Rob for the numbers, that's pretty close to my setup.

Matt/TN 01-29-2008 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: M.Hensler/PA

I switched to ACCs this past season with my new Ross, and loved them. Shooting 3-49s 27.5" arrow with 100 grain points and blazers as well. Not to hijack, but how do you calculate FOC?
How much did that arrow weigh? Also, what Ross?

MOmightymite 01-29-2008 11:40 AM

Have you gave the new Gold Tip CAAs a look? They are virtually the same arrow as the ACC but ALOT cheaper. I used these all season last year and didnt have any issues with them. They will be in my quiver again next season. Take a look at em.

LKNCHOPPERS 01-29-2008 11:40 AM

I have been using ACCs for over ten years. I think they are very durable especially when you compare them to thin walled fat aluminum shafts. I shoot 3-60s and 3-49s. My 360s weigh in at 403 grains with feathers and screw-in 100 grain points. I don't use the 3-49s much anymore, previously used them for 3D shoots years back but I just stick with the 3-60s now to keep it simple. However the 3-49s with glue in tips are a lot lighter and shoot about 20 fps faster than the 3-60s.

To calculate FOC measure the total length of your arrow and then mark the center point. Balance your arrow on a straight edge, when you find the point where your arrow balances level mark it. Now measure the distance between the two. Figure the percentage of that distance in respect to the total length of the arrow and that will give you you % FOC.

You can use the equation below to figure out FOC

(Midpoint of Arrow to Balance Point of Arrow)" X
(Total Lenth of Arrow)" =100

HuntingBry 01-29-2008 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

27.5"

Like I said.....my setup accomodates this arrow just fine.
Wow, talk about having a stiffy.;) I bet those suckers will pack a punch coming out of that 82nd.

Matt/TN 01-29-2008 12:56 PM

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

Have you gave the new Gold Tip CAAs a look? They are virtually the same arrow as the ACC but ALOT cheaper. I used these all season last year and didnt have any issues with them. They will be in my quiver again next season. Take a look at em.
I'm also considering them as well MO.

GR8atta2d 01-29-2008 01:00 PM

Good Question Matt..and great answers guys. I too am gonna choose these arrows this year. (me thinks)

Matt and Rob What's your draw length??

Matt/TN 01-29-2008 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Good Question Matt..and great answers guys. I too am gonna choose these arrows this year. (me thinks)

Matt and Rob What's your draw length??
If you're asking about this Matt, I'm shooting 28.5". I have VERY long arms for my size :D