Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Felons banned from bowhunting? >

Felons banned from bowhunting?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Felons banned from bowhunting?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Felons banned from bowhunting?

Like I said I have never had anything but one, maybe 2 traffic tickets my entire life, but it is Sad to see all the holier than thous on here. I judge a person on how they treat me. I have never nor will I ever judge someone on their color, social status, bank account, and/or past. I think it's Sad if you do, and I see it all the time.

txjourneyman, you are a class guy in my book, and I would gladly share a Hunting Camp or anything else with you anythime

Dan
Old 01-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

txjourneyman, you are a class guy in my book, and I would gladly share a Hunting Camp or anything else with you anythime

Dan
That makes two of us!!
Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 AM

I have never nor will I ever judge someone on their...past
Now, that's just not true. Or at least, I have a hard time believing it.(i.e. sexual offenders, rapists, murderers, etc.) That's why we have repeat offender laws.Because society says it is okay to judge people's past, if they cannot learn from it.

It is easy to side with the individuals that post their stories on an online hunting forum. But are they really representative ofall of the people that have committed felonies? Again,I think they are the exception, not the rule.

So far, we are ignoring the possiblity that bans from bowhunting, bans from owning firearms and not allowing felons to vote, etchave some societal benefit. If itdeters crime, is it worthit?Probably.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do you really think banning me from bowhunting, or anyone else for that matter, is going to deter crime?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

As would I.

I know several people who have truly made mistakes in their youth, paid their debt to society and are righteous, stand up people. I think those states where felons are banned from bowhunting should allow people to earn back the privilege when their sentences are complete.

However, like I said, some things inspire me to write letters. Some things don't. This is one of those things that doesn't.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Arthur I won't write a letter either. I got what I deserved. If that means I pay for it by not bowhunting somewhere, well, thats the dues I owe.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:13 AM

Do you really think banning me from bowhunting, or anyone else for that matter, is going to deter crime?
With respect to you personally, I would suspect that there is no risk of future crime and therefore no crime to deter.

With others, maybe it does deter crime.Maybe one former felon says "You know what, I've had my rights restored and I am NOT going to commit another crime because I don't want to lose those rights. They areof such great value, that I will not risklosing them again." Repeat crime prevented.

Maybe one person onthis hunting board says "You know, just hitting a guy and gettingjail time for assault is some serious crap if I could lose my right tobowhunt. Maybe I should just walk away." New Crime prevented.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Spike

Default I am a felon

Ok I agree some ppl shouldn't be aloud to use anything u beat ur wife or kill someone or even stab someone u should be stripped of the priv to hunt but for someone like myself that the felony was over seven years ago and to this day I have not even been pulled over by the cops. I completed everything the courts asked of me paid all the fines. And 35 dollars to the p.o for three years I think I have paid my dues and should atleast be able to hunt with a bow I don't think we should be able to hunt trophy. But a cow for meat only no bulls. Bucks stags anything that u can mount or if it has antlers we should not be able to hunt for but for meat alone I messed up and I took responceablity for it and did everything they asked me to do do u still think I should not be able to hunt. For my family
Old 10-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Spike

Would be best to go case by case than draw a single line in the sand. If you were a violent offender why should you have a right to own any weapon. Here in Canada you need a firearm licence, they phone your wife and ask her then they phone and ask any ex wivies you might have to see if she fells threatened with you wanting to own guns. Crossbow pistols are banned in Canada because they can be concelled. There are two many varitables in your question to make a statment whether they should or should not be allowed.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Being old I know

.....there is no perfection in this life. And with computer technology it's only going to get worse.

Not surprised with any ban has come on bowhunting. Bows are getting a lot faster and more "dangerous", in some 20 years.

Glad I avoided doing crimes. Sentences really last forever.

Quick Reply: Felons banned from bowhunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.