Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!) >

Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!)

Old 01-30-2008, 05:51 AM

Default RE: Shes Naked!

Looks like a movie star! Enjoy her buddy.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nicely dressed up too Greg. Congrats buddy.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Nice! I actaully shot the Trap Door on a bow for an entire season 3 yrs. ago. While some had had problems with it, I had zero issues and it worked great.
Awesome looking bow.. bet she's a sweet shooter

Not fan of the trap door for hunting...I had a buddy who had a trap door and any little jerk would set the thing off...I could foresee being in the heat of the moment and drawing on nice buck in 3 degree weather and jerking to get over the hump and the rest dropping...So there you are at full draw nice buck in front of you and your rest has dropped... I saw this happen to my buddy plenty of times towards the of the night at league when he would get a little tired...He would have to let down reset the rest and draw again..just not something I would want to happen on stand..
Old 01-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

Thats a nice looking bow man the deer should be on the lookout
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

You won't believe just how much a wrap kit helps those Spott-Hogg pins. You'd love it
Old 01-30-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sbooy42

ORIGINAL: Brett/IL

Nice! I actaully shot the Trap Door on a bow for an entire season 3 yrs. ago. While some had had problems with it, I had zero issues and it worked great.
Awesome looking bow.. bet she's a sweet shooter

Not fan of the trap door for hunting...I had a buddy who had a trap door and any little jerk would set the thing off...I could foresee being in the heat of the moment and drawing on nice buck in 3 degree weather and jerking to get over the hump and the rest dropping...So there you are at full draw nice buck in front of you and your rest has dropped... I saw this happen to my buddy plenty of times towards the of the night at league when he would get a little tired...He would have to let down reset the rest and draw again..just not something I would want to happen on stand..
I wasn't implyingthat it's the greatest rest out there, just that when I used it, it worked fine for me. It sounds like your buddy needed to adjust the tension on the spring. I shot mine quite a bit during an indoor league, at some3-D shoots, and during an entire hunting season with no problems. Like anything else, proper set up is a key to howwell the item works.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

You won't believe just how much a wrap kit helps those Spott-Hogg pins. You'd love it
Matt, the price of that wrap kit will keep me away from it. I will buy aftermarket fibers and install about 6-8" for each pin. I'll then bundle them together and place them in an opaque tube for light transmission and protection. Thats gonna cost me about $10.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Matt, the price of that wrap kit will keep me away from it. I will buy aftermarket fibers and install about 6-8" for each pin. I'll then bundle them together and place them in an opaque tube for light transmission and protection. Thats gonna cost me about $10.
Understood. If your dealer stocked them with the wrap kit installed, it wouldn't be too bad, like $20-30 extra.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:41 AM

Congrats Greg, I am so jealous. My Black Ice doesn't even arrive till tommorow. I have got my Spot Hogg ready to go and maybe my Ripcord temporarily. Did you shoot it yet? I was going to get the wrap for my pins, let me know how it goes with your plan( any setup problems) that is alot of money saved that way. What rest are you leaning towards?

Quick Reply: Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.