Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO

Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elite GTO

ORIGINAL: DeerStalker80

Yes he did marry the martin girl. No he doesnt own any of the company to my knowledge. I dont know the whole story they do but for him and his wife to get on archery talk and to be that way about something he also was apart of is speaking bad of himself as well. He was the VP of bowtech. I just cant support somebody that will talk about somebody in that way and IMO it was so he could start his own company and try to shut bowtech down. Well good job it worked. NOT There still makeing the top bows and coming out with new design without him so I guess he wasnt that big for the company. I think he out grew his own pants.
There wasa time when I agreed wholeheartedly with you about Kevin and his actions. No doubt, they were immature and showed some sour grapes over losing his job at Bowtech. However, since then he his realized his mistakes and admitted to them and made a very sincere effort to recant the things he has said. While it doesn't undo the wrongs, IMO it takes a big man to admit he is wrong. I know I have made mistakes and know how hard it is to swallow my pride and admit to them, so I give him credit there.

With that said, I don't really care about the behind-the-scenes stuff anymore and really care about what is going to be the best bow for me. The last two years I have been extremely impressed with Elite's offerings and while I'm not looking to buy a new compound this year, I can't wait to see what they come up with next year. There just might be an Elite in my hand if they keep cranking out bows of the same caliber.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Germ

oK

Anyone here shooting this bow? I would like to know a couple things.

1. Smooth a draw
Yes, very smooth. Totally different for a speed bow. My 82nd had a rough valley/short wrist slapping brace height and this is very smooth and easy to draw.
ORIGINAL: Germ2. Does the Draw stop make any noise when you complete the draw?
None that I can tell
ORIGINAL: Germ3. Spped are you getting and arrow weight?

Mine chronos at 330 fps with a 350 gr arrow 71#. With a 360 gr arrow it chronos at 321 fps. This is stock strings and straight offf of the store rack. Pretty fast for a 7" brace height bow and a nice smooth draw cycle. I like this bow. Quite a shooter; very accurate, quiet, and shock free on the shot. I broke it in with a nice bird shortly after I bought it this spring. I found it brand new on a dealers rack on clearance. I like the round wheels for cams. The Barnsdale Limbs are a nice feature in a bow too. Amazing how they get this kind of speed out of a nice drawing and generous brace height like they do.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

We know HCH, we know.

But isn't there a site just for this now?

Old 05-14-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

We know HCH, we know.

But isn't there a site just for this now?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!P oor ole Germ needed answers you know
Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Best part is I never got a Damn GTO, I get a GT500 and in the wrong color

I sold the thing a month ago, but thanks for the imput!!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Banned

Your'e welcome. You better get a GTO and a GT500. This time, get the color you want
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Your'e welcome. You better get a GTO and a GT500. This time, get the color you want
They never made a GTO LH model, I really wanted that bow. Like you I love the round wheels.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ManI was stupid [:@]