Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO

Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM

Default RE: Elite GTO

Yea, I just ran it through the OnTarget2 software, and with the bow at the low end of the speed range (340 i.b.o), a 28" draw at 70 pounds, it shows that you would get 275.49 f.p.s. with a 10 grain tied in peep, a d-loop, and a brass nock on the string. That comes out to 90.23 ft-lbs of KE. With the bow at the high end of the speed range (350 i.b.o), same set-up, it shows a speed of 285.49 f.p.s. for 96.90 ft-lbs of KE!
Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM

Old 01-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobow
you're pushing people away from it.

It has no affect of me at all, whether or not people buy them.

Quiet frankly, I'm done talking about this crap. Whether you think it's smooth or not, I guess it's YOUR opinion. Have you shot an XForce? or an 82nd?(with speed mods)? Or a SpeedForce? I believe that's all the 350's. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the SpeedForce but if it draws like an IronMace, it's pretty rough. My point in the smooth statement was that the GTO is smoother than all the bows in it's speed range. Not that it matters, take my opinion with a grain of salt and just disregard it. I just don't see how a person who has honestly shot all the bows in the 350ibo range, doesn't think the GTO is the smoothest bow in that category.

I'm finished talking about this bow, or any other bow. It's pointless. No matter what, I'll still be remembered as not knowing how to fletch my own arrows, and the whole Ross crap. So, say what you want. I know whatever response I get from this, it'll be to the "I'm better andbiggerthan you" effect.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

At least the BowTech guys haven't thrown a "my penis is bigger than yours" in here yet.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

At least the BowTech guys haven't thrown a "my penis is bigger than yours" in here yet.
I think we're going to need a weightlifting forum pretty soon!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:04 PM

I didn't read all the posts here. It was starting to go south. But in reference to the GTO... I tried to order one in LH but couldn't get one till Summer due to LH production.
I did get a Synergy.
If you hop on over to Elite's site there are quite a few guys that have them.
Just to relay what they are saying.... The bow has a very smooth draw, not harsh. When drawing you do feel the weight but it'seven, and then drops into the valley.No bumps in the cycle at all. Holds great.Absolutely no vibration or hand shock.
mobo gave an accurate description.

And yes , it is smokin fast....."72.4 pushes a 400gr at 305fps. w/ 29"D. Actual
From one Birth Cert.... 71.5# at a 29 in. 350gr. 334fps.

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/index.php

Old 01-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Not to put a damper on anything but.............whats up with Darton slapping a lawsuit on Elite and threatening Elite dealers? I'm gonna wait it out.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Not to put a damper on anything but.............whats up with Darton slapping a lawsuit on Elite and threatening Elite dealers? I'm gonna wait it out.
Will see also
Old 01-28-2008, 06:12 AM

Darton sued Elite for patent infringement in 2007. Here'e a quote fom Elite:
"Darton did sue Elite Archery for patent infringement in 2007. Rather than spend the time, effort and considerable cost of fighting a patent infringement action on short notice, Elite agreed to discontinue selling the bows it was selling at that time and entered into a Consent Judgment with Darton to this effect. It is Elite’s position that the bows that Elite currently is selling, the Elite Synergy Extreme, Elite Xtreme XL, Elite Fire and Elite GTO Bows, are not covered by the Consent Injunction. In addition, based on research that Elite has done since it was sued by Darton, Elite believes that the patent that Darton asserted against Elite is invalid. If the Darton patent is invalid, the bows being made by Elite cannot infringe this patent. The lawsuit between Darton and Elite is ongoing. Elite is vigorously defending its position and is confident that it ultimately will prevail."
[/align]
[/align]Hey, where have I heard this before. " Invalid patent"
[/align]No one knows what the outcome will be but it won't cause Elite to go out of business. At worst , they will have to pay Darton, "like other bow companies," royalties on the bows they sell with the binary cam system.
[/align]
Old 01-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that's best. As far as dealers being threatened, they continued to do business with elite even after elite was confronted by Darton. Your smart enough to wait it out...

I can't remember, who arethe owners of this compny?

Quick Reply: Elite GTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.